Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Ok finally caught up again...LOL
CC...... So sorry to hear about your kitty, it's very hard to deal with beloved sick pets, I have a 13 year old Pit mix who has been ailing with cancer for almost 3 years now, had it licked for 2 but it's back again enforce, so treatment is underway, but I'm thinking it's gonna come to a point where her life is just to hard for her and I have to put her down, it's a nagging awful feeling knowing it's coming and who knows from 1 day to another some days she seems almost herself, others I think I should just take her to the vet to get a long much earned sleep. We have had her since she was 6 months old, and she has been a stinker at times, but we will all miss her very very much, if she has to leave us.
I hope your kitty gets better, she is pretty young yet, and cats do have 9 lives ya know, so sending possitive thoughts and prayers for you and her.
Well maybe I finally killed them bugs.......... at least on my test subject rooster, they getting a bath tomorrow while it's warm and then a good once over, and another treatment to get any eggs that might hatch. Girls are all gonna get treated if there's no withdrawal time.....
.TY CL, and sorry about your chicky..:hit

CS.......I also think the turken and the BR's are roosters, they have way more white on them and distinct barring next to my hen at that age. Hens usually appear darker with less defined barring in my experience, I had 5, 4 roos 1 hen........the roos taste great if you can give a few months to get a bit of weight on.

BF4M......... sorry about the break in and losses, nasty coon, They can squish themselves into some pretty tight places almost like a rat, you would be surprised, on Billy the exterminator i seen 1 stuck inside a quart mason jar, and it wasn't a baby a young almost adult. I wish our chickens weren't food for everything, it would keeping them safe so much easier. WOW also love the mural, wanna come help me paint my coop???

EL......... cute little one and love the cowgirl look, seems to suit her quite well......:D

Kristip.......bulbs should be ok I'm adding some to my flower garden today as well.

BBP....love that white hen, I'll also take a couple if ya get more, cute face she has, and I usually ain't crazy about plain white, but I'd take her in a heartbeat.

Have a good day everyone, I have to feed my chicks yet, they need their breakfast eggs, LOL spoilin them already......... KIm

My ladies were mad at me for making them go forage instead of eating from their feeder yesterday morning. I only got 1 egg!
gig.gif
Usually they come out of the coop, eat, drink, and then go forage. I messed up their routine and they weren't happy. Sounds like my husband.
gig.gif
When I fed them yesterday evening they acted like they were starved. Spoiled rotten fat chicks. :)

Morning all!

CC-Sorry about your kitty.
hugs.gif
I will send prayers his way....

Cind-LOL! I could think of worse places being locked up in! I'd take a coop any day!

Ok can't remember whose it is but that is one awesome mural.....

Not much going on here. I guess we are supposed to get rain....
I'm headed up to Costco this morning so I'd best get moving....

Oh! Hey! Is any one here going to the Walworth County Swap tomorrow down at the fair grounds?

I bought my 3 year old little girl a hat last night and we've had fun getting some cute pics of her in it today. I loved this one with her plastic dress up heels on .
love.gif

OMG is she cute !! You need to submit that picture to Country Living or some Country Magazine. Adorable, just Adorable !!!
love.gif

Good morning! Just got back from the Dr...got my "thing" on my leg cut out. It was pretty cool to watch, glad I couldnt feel it...but it is starting to sting now that the Novocain is wearing off!
FT--your message really opened my eyes!
lau.gif
I agree with Dan Bigfam; give that flower a good coat of sealant. THen you might be able to keep it visible at least! I thought it was going to be on the outside too...but inside the barn. GLad you put it where they can see it...will brighten their winter days for sure.
MLH--glad you have some company in the outlaw keeping of chickens! The twins and Eli are doing great! I am sort of wondering if they are going to grow any more. They are still so tiny. THeir bodies are about the same size as my 2 week old chicks...they just have really loooong legs! All feathered out too, and I definitely have a pair! They will be entered in the fair this year too...
fl.gif
for more trophies!
Cleaning out the incubator today and getting rid of the remaining eggs. I unplugged it a few days ago and now I have enough eggs to start it up again...I am hoping to sell some chicks to the people in Lake Mills who now can keep chickens!

Well I suppose I should get off the computer and try to get something done in this pigsty today...I will call my Bestie and we can clean together while on the phone...makes it a little more bearable!
Have a great day everyone! TErri O

good morning,, second hatch is on the way.. so far only 8 black chicks, and 1 turkey is almost out.. ETA: turkey is out..

I had an Asian couple stop in from Mosinee yesterday.. looking for a Tom Royal Palm.. they have a couple of them, but thought they were too young to breed.. I told them to not worry.. You don't always see the 2 minute drill with turkeys..

I got my 5 drawer fronts rough cut and planed.. today I hope to get the sides and back boards rough cut, at least.. I might break down and buy some plywood for the bottoms.. I have to go to Menard's and see what they have for HEAVY duty drawer glides..

I re-plowed my garden yesterday.. It went real good except for the last 20 feet of the last furrow.. the tractor bogged down, so I had to unhook the plow and leave it behind.. I will go down with the other tractor and loader and pick the plow up ..

got a lot of things to do, better get going..

.............jiminwisc...........

Morning Everyone
frow.gif
, sunshine here today(for now) and not so windy!

Sorry to hear about all the losses
hugs.gif
and the sick kitty
fl.gif
hoping he will improve! Congrats!
wee.gif
on all the hatching and new babies! Nice paint job BF4Me-hope they apprecitate it!

Added some sand to the runs yesterday afternoon-kind of funny watching the chickens figure out what it was and if it was safe
lau.gif
The bantam leghorns were the funniest to watch.

TO- not sure yet on the pheasant eggs-only saw the one so far and the male is still in quarantine so not sure if the hen will be laying still or not... I'll keep you posted
wink.png

MLH- we are still trying to decide if we are going to the swap tomorrow am, are you going and what time? Thinking earlier is better! DS(10) has soccer practice tomorrow mid am. Not really needing anything just more to see what is there. Friends of ours are planning to go as they have chicks to sell.

Had to separate the boys from the girls this am in the oldest group of chicks- the boys are starting to get rough with the girls, have a few boys that we will be culling out later today as they are not making the grade for fair. DH said he will help me later on if it isn't raining.

Later!

Back
Top Bottom