Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

WCC good advice to TO on horse buying.

We were stupid when we went to buy one of ours. It was a beautiful Spotted Draft. Doesn't look drafty but more like a nice paint. It was for DH and he didn't want a draft anyway. Well long story short. They had him saddled up and their TRAINER riding him. And he was more then $1000. He rode very nice for the trainer. Problem started when we went to pick him up and trailer him !!! Two additional months of training he still is a goofball. Predictibly unpredictable !!!! Very Nice EXPENSIVE Yard Ornament !!! Point being you don't always get what you pay for !!!! So don't overlook a cheap horse. My $50 pony jumped right in the trailer !!
When I first started looking into getting a horse I was interested in the TW but then I rode a percheron and fell in love with their size. Plus riding a draft makes your butt look smaller
wink.png

I know one of our friends up here sold their TW because on trail rides it was always so far ahead of the others because of their faster walk. Something to think about if you are going to be going out on the trails with slower horses.

Sure wish DH would put in a hitching post for me. All of my horses need a good grooming and I need a safe place to tie. I never did find my tie blockers.
th.gif
The goats are shedding terrible too. That is some nice underfluff that they have !!!

I had a nice long talk on the phone tonight with someone in Clintonville. I asked him to join us here and at the bash. He has Wellsummers, Silver Penciled Wyandottes (sp) and Flamed Jaehorns (sp) and tons of chicks !!!
FT- perhaps you can create your own... they have those 4x4(inch) post holders that you can put into the ground with a spike... You could put two of those in and put in a pair of eye bolts and then cross ties, attached to sizle/biodegradeable bailing twine, (it breaks instead of the cross ties... Then you can put them where you want.. and no waiting for DH... just a thought Carol

You guys are seriously making me laugh so hard my kids keep saying "whats so funny", "what are you laughing at now". Oh my goodness. It was a good attempt at recycling an old bunk bed, but I think it fails miserably as a chicken tractor.

You've gotta put this on the "Oh Craigslist, you amuse me so" thread.

Last edited:
Pretty sad couple of days, I pray the best for all of you and your families! Unfortunately it puts life into perspective and I am thankful for everyone in my life and even the nice people I have chatted with on here. I hope all gets better real soon!

On a side note, I was able to pick my first asparagus, mine is a little later than most as it is kinda shaded and I live in a valley that gets 10 degrees colder than madison and I only live 30 minutes from it! I picked some that was a little small, worried about it freezing again tonight! There is plenty more coming up.

I also caught my first coon of the year. Didnt realize there was still bait in the trap....

*** is that, good thing they didnt think that a tarp over the top was for added security!

hahaha i had a practically new cherry wood crib left by a neighbor, that i was toying with the idea for a sec about turning into a pigeon coop! a tarp for added protection and shade.. lol course my pigeons just had the eves of roof gutter, and an old blankie hanging down and tacked in place. my chickens (and goat), just had dog houses stacked up, with pine needle filled pop crates, and under back balcony porch, with a very low light left on at night (so they (and maine coon/feral or bob cat, and rough collie, could protect them/selves from preds, and catch bugs and rodents).

Pretty sad couple of days, I pray the best for all of you and your families! Unfortunately it puts life into perspective and I am thankful for everyone in my life and even the nice people I have chatted with on here. I hope all gets better real soon!

On a side note, I was able to pick my first asparagus, mine is a little later than most as it is kinda shaded and I live in a valley that gets 10 degrees colder than madison and I only live 30 minutes from it! I picked some that was a little small, worried about it freezing again tonight! There is plenty more coming up.

I also caught my first coon of the year. Didnt realize there was still bait in the trap....

my parents are down near Union Grove and my dad said that their patch isn't coming up yet- maybe another week or so.

Back
Top Bottom