Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Hey...
    I found this and thought TO might need a new bator...
    http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/2941704126.html
    Metal chick incubater for sale - $25 (New Berlin)

Date: 2012-04-16, 1:54PM CDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Metal chick incubater-$25-call Jack at 262-302-9036

And then I found her.. and REALLY want her.. but I would have to keep her at TO's...I wonder if she would....
    http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2959863888.html
    Shetland Sheep (Ewe) - $50 (Harvard)

Date: 2012-04-15, 2:24PM CDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Registered Shetland ewe, moorit colored. Proven mom of twins, beautiful wool producer.

[​IMG]

Isn't she cute!!!!

2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow Carol--that is one fuzzy sheep! I laughed about the chicken crib too...what folks come up with!
    I was cleaning cat boxes and noticed that my yellow naped parrot had laid an egg in the bottom of the cage! NOT in her nest box. I took a look at her and she does not look good! I got her out of the cage (the male is nasty) and put her in the hospital cage...she has refused all of her favorite treats. I have heat on her (cant find my darn heating pad) and electrolytes in her water. Of course she is just sitting there...dont know if there is anything else I can really do...
    Man, I am bummed.
    Terri O

3. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I agree, I've never seen anything like it, even up here in Kentuck Land !!! [​IMG] It looks like a cross between a crib and a miniature miniature goat feeder !! For crying out loud what were they thinking? Did ya catch it they said the HAD 6 of them. I'm assuming chicks right. I think they walked right through the bars into the predators hands !!!

4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Oh no that doesn't sound good. What about adding some extra calcium? I'd get ahold of an exotic vet. There is a good one in Waukesha. I can't think of his name right now. If/when I do I'll send it to you. Oh wait, Dr Maran ??? Something like that. Then there is one named Dr Frank
    Good luck with her. That's why I haven't paired up any of my African Grays. I know it is hard on them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Made more soap today, some piney/woodsy stuff and some spice swirl.

[​IMG]

And the spice.... this one looks glossy since I just poured it into the mold about 20 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

And just for you MxM, my fat fingers..... I will never make it as a hand model.

[​IMG]

I think the ducks have about a dozen eggs in their nest, I hope somebody starts sitting on them soon so they are ready for the bash.......

I have two Budgies sitting on nests in the aviary too..... what on earth am I going to do with a bunch of Budgies???? I already have 8 adults!

6. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    good evening, just read 7 pages of posts.. that tractor should have a heading llike: "You might be a redneck if- -- "

I came down to the bator/computer room with the intentions of tossing all the unhatched eggs.. quails included.. can't do it now.. the quails are hatching..

I put two drawers together today.. coming along nicely..

the second male cockatiel just figured out what he was today.. he was glued to the back of the female for about a half hour.. I never saw such a thing.. the Gray boy just sat and kept doing his wolf whistle.. we had to LOL, it was so appropriate.

I kicked Nora out onto the DECK while I am down here.. she has taken a real liking to the couch..
    I do not need for her to be having babies on it when I go back upstairs.. Annie fixed up a dog bed and even washed the mattress/blanket thingy for her.. of course, Nora avoids that like the plague..

I have to go back and read the posts again.. I know I had more comments.. I have a good memory, but it is so short..

...........jiminwisc...........

7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    I could use some happy news Jim... Please post a pic of puppies as soon as she has some...

8. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    BigFam, been there, done that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    What's short, Jim? [​IMG]

Maybe Nora doesn't like your detergent or fabric softener. They can be like that sometimes. [​IMG] And yes, please post some puppy pics when you can. [​IMG]

Terri, I hope your bird gets better real soon. [​IMG]

Bl4, nice looking soap, and Carol, nice looking sheep! Very "fluffy". [​IMG]

10. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Hi All... I'll have to type in little bits when my back needs a rest... still busy!

DrH... most likely it will be the 28th... I'll let you know for sure.

krisp... cute pics!

Bf4m....[​IMG]to your friend.

unk...[​IMG]for you too

Angi.... Gook luck with your "surprise egg"!

TO... The 3 amigos must be cute in the chick TV! Good luck with your sick bird! If your daughter is keeping 3 horses to your 1 there, she should be taking care of all the hay all the time for all the horses! Yep, the world needs dirty kids! lol

MLH... Babies!!!![​IMG]

CC... I E-mailed the guy about the stuff in Waterford... THANKS!!!

Carol... when are CC's chicks hatching so I can get some close to the same age?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by