Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good afternoon, I JUST got that plug out.. not bad, only took over 4 hours.. I did every dirty trick in the book.. I drilled a pilot hole 1/6",, then went through the drills and increased each hole by the next larger bit.. I quit at 3/8".. I then went at it with the easy out.. tried the ho-made tool, even hooked a come-along to the wrench with the easy out.. too tight.. then I ground a hack saw blade narrow enough to fit into the 3.8 hold.. and sawed two slots through the threads.. Hit it a few times with a hammier and cold chisel and things began to collapse.. the threads have slots in them, but I will add a bit of JB weld to the fittings when I install them and the threads should seal OK.. there is no pressure on that area of the block..

we sold a cockatiel today.. we still have 14 left.. a lady just called about coming to get a young turkey.. we are getting lots of eggs.. 19 so far today and still counting..

Just finished my Miller.. so the typing should go downhill from here on..

I wouldn't cancel my appointment with that care less vet.. just let the other vet come and do the exam.. when the first vet comes, tell her "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you weren't coming"... just keep in mind that someday you might need her and then she won't come.. that my dear, is what you call a gamble..

........jiminwisc.........

Oh BBP hope you can get mama figured out!
fl.gif
That's scary. MLH they always make me think that they are the closest thing to a prehistoric bird that there is these days.
hide.gif
Jim if you can resharpen a high speed drill bit decrease the included angle on it [flatten the angle] and run it slow with lots of lube and pressure you can drill hardened stuff. If you run it too fast you'll smoke the bit and make the plug even harder. It's call work hardening. Wish I lived down the road I'd get that sucka out! Or get a tungsten nitrided bit [$] or even a cobalt drill, again big $. The really hard part is not to chip the corner of the bit. [square hole] Dan crappie weather? I love crappies in any weather! H&R think you'll have a nice day for soccer. Well did 4 hours in the woods after having trouble starting the Case. Seems the gas filter needs relocating. Didn't like it when I replaced the line the cold weather was the final stroke the line kinked and shut off the gas flow. It runs on full choke and did a great job of dragging today but before I go out again it''ll be changed. Now for the reason I got back on here. I've been around the block a few too many times and I've spent a lot of hours in the woods. I've seen things that many people will never see. But I can safely say the sight I saw will never happen again. I had gotten off the tractor to survey my options on hooking up to drag some tops and out of the corner of my eye I saw something. Here was Laura coming with her yellow knee boots black sweat pants and a purple shirt on. In her left hand was an icy cold can of Point in a cozy and in her right hand was my yellow handled straw broom. It hit me right away she brought the broom for protection from the viciously carnivorous flying squirrels that inhabit our woods. I almost pee'd myself.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
City girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Us woodsy people know there is no protection from those vermin! Couldn't believe she walked about an 1/8 of a mile in the woods to bring me a beer, now that's love!
love.gif
Needless to say I was done playing with saws shortly afterwards. That picture will always be in my mind. [Edit] Jim disregard the above to you. Glad you got it out!

Last edited:
Morning all!
Love the chilly weather!!!! I will have to inspect the tomato plants and see how they held up. Not sure if we got frost this far south yet but I know we've got some "hard frost" in the forecast soon.
Time to winterize the ol' homestead!
The rabbits and chickerdoodles are all good.

BBP's night mare reminded me of one had night before last. Earlier in the day I had the radio on and some Chevy "truck month" commercial was on it. So later that night my sub-conscious mind must have gone into "we need a new truck mode" So it send me a nightmare. I dreamed that DH decided to trade my beloved Dodge Ram aka Snowflake aka Miss. Piggy for a new truck. He traded Her in for a *gasp* Chevy! A gray chevy Silverado. I woke up in a sweat. It was horrible!!

A big
welcome-byc.gif
to Cchase25! The Cheeseheads here are the bestest in the whole widest world! Hope you stop by often!

BBP-I haven't been following your mare's situation from when sh foaled. I'd call Terri of try to get a hold of Carol (WCc). They should help. If not call another vet. You are right. That doesn't sound right for her to be that lethargic. Did the vet come out after the foaling and check the placenta to make sure she passed it all? (Not sure if you posted about that or not-sorry.)

Cind-Congrats on the keet!
Midget Whites are very sweet turkeys from what I've read. Those are the ones I want to raise "someday". Jim is 100% correct on the blackhead issue. Some people raise their turkeys with chickens, some raise them just like Jim and some keep the turkeys completely seperated from the chickens at all times. They have a turkey area and they have a chicken area. I guess in depends in you space, current set up. I think what you want to do is great. I'd hang on to them and see what you can get. If it does not work out then you can always process them if you have to.

So as promised here is the pics I told you about last night. These are entitled "Why MLH needs her head examined!"

The hen is from Paula and the rooster id from Adam at ACH Poultry. I think the hen will be Rose or maybe Pearl and the rooster so far is Ringo. But I think his name will be changed!
Cute birds! DS(7) thinks they are great looking! He asked me when his are coming........

Yaaaaeee for you.. you just graduated to turkey math..

what color is the keet ?

quiet on the web tonight..
I am going to play a couple more games of FreeCell , check in here one more time and then call it a night..

I cannot find my fittings for the temp sensor, so tomorrow a shopping I will go..

...jiminwiscwhoislonely........

Evening All.... sounds like you could turn that keet into a house pet Cind. Good luck with the turkeys.
Amazing woman you have there Doc. I have to take my beer for after with me!
Nothing new here.....Suzie did another 13 qts and one pint of V7....prolly one more batch of something left and the maters are finally done....what a year for them. Over 1,000 lbs for sure...I shared them with alot of different familys this year. Only a couple bushel of smaller green ones that went to waste.

Comfort food tonight..tender venzun roast with freah garden potatoes and a fresh buttercup squash that was heaven sent sweet....

Up early tomorrow for a little hunting...then garden work or stain the big coop that needs a fresh coat before winter.

Good luck with the horse bbp..hoping for a fast recovery.

Thanks for the pics MLH's.

Big game on Monday Night Football.....I know you have the calendar marked TO!

bigz

good luck on the hunt Brent.. gotta have some venzun sausage for the bash..eh?
how many tomato plants did you have ?

we had a buttercup for supper last night.. that is the only kind of squash I like.. I think it is very similar to sweet potatoes. Nice smooth meat and never stringy.. Annie just pokes a few holes into it and bakes it in the oven,, seeds and all.. It really stays moist that way.. I doctor mine up on my plate with pepper and butter and brown sugar..

It is a good idea to make pets or at least sorta pets out of guineas.. they do not get all flighty and that seems to calm the rest of them down..

I think the most difficult bird to make friends with are the peafowl, especially the hens.. they are the "cats" of the poultry world..

going to go get a Miller, I am like Brent, we have to get our own beer, not like SOME people we know.. No names, but his initials are DrH...

...jiminwiscnotplanningongettingupearlylikeSOMEpeoplewho'sinitialsareBigZ..

Good evening! I am very tired after being gone all weekend at a wedding in Thorpe. A very great time was had by all. I see another trip up there in my future for sure.

60 some posts to catch up on...took a goodly amount of time. You guys were less chatty than usual though....thank you! LOL.
Welcome Cchase! I used to live in Oconomowoc twenty years ago. On Hwy 67 In that pinkish house across from the school with the long white picket fence with heart cut-outs. We didnt live there long (3 years) but I did have chickens and geese! (had to get a variance to keep them) Are you a legal chicken keeper or an outlaw?

When I left I reported that SS had just hatched a bunch of babies...she has only one chipmunk chick left today! DD20 said she saw her with 2 or 3 yesterday...dont know what went on. I did catch the neighbors' dog in my yard hassling roosters this afternoon...hmmmmm.

BBP I am wondering if your mare foundered during the birth of the foal. My mare did that...she never went down though. Many, many things it could be...get the vet ASAP.

I am totally exhausted and I cant remember what I have read...I think I will go to bed and try again tomorrow. DH made the train with 2 mins to spare...because of a tire blowout on our camper...man, that is scary changing a tire so close to traffic for sure!

Nighties! TerriOwhocantkeepphereyesopenanylonger!

Oh, I forgot to mention that my husband went back up into the mountains this weekend trying to fill his bow tag with an elk. He failed! I didn't even consider that to be a possibility. If he would have taken a cow early on instead of holding out for a big bull he'd be flying back with meat. I may have to send him to Alaska for moose or caribou. Or I'll go vegetarian this winter and the rest of the family can eat venison. It has too strong of a flavor for me.

Back
Top Bottom