Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hello everyone!
TO- those babies are precious
Stopped at TSC again today. He was putting the new shipment of chicks in the tanks. Also brand new Indian Runner ducklings. I REALLY wanted to get some, but didn't. Felt really bad though because one of the ducklings had a wry neck, and could only walk in circles. I asked what they'll do with it, and he said they will give it a chance, and if it doesn't improve they will give it away to someone who want to try to take care of it. Poor baby. If I knew anything about it I would have tried.

Got a giant egg today-

The girls are doing so much better. Getting 10 of 15. Woo-Hoo!
th.gif
Ouch!

Hello everyone!
TO- those babies are precious
Stopped at TSC again today. He was putting the new shipment of chicks in the tanks. Also brand new Indian Runner ducklings. I REALLY wanted to get some, but didn't. Felt really bad though because one of the ducklings had a wry neck, and could only walk in circles. I asked what they'll do with it, and he said they will give it a chance, and if it doesn't improve they will give it away to someone who want to try to take care of it. Poor baby. If I knew anything about it I would have tried.

Got a giant egg today-

The girls are doing so much better. Getting 10 of 15. Woo-Hoo!

Really, MORE runners? Julie has been calling every Wed waiting for the Pekins to arrive......... and since she works all day I get to go snatch some up for her before they're gone. IF they ever send any to our TSC.

eta: sure you don't have any geese? That is one monster egg.

Last edited:
Good Chilly Evening To Everyone. I think the sap season will be a long one this year with the temps acting the way they are. It's a shame I don't tap all the sugar maples we have here.

Somone dropped off a smallish white and orange kitty....been crying here the last couple nights. We have 5 cats and that's the limit. I hate that when folks drop them off..suzie is upset that it's out in the cold.

I wonder if the frost in the ground isn't very deep with all the snow we have here on the ground. Yep, another week coming with no 40's for daytime high's. Hope all the snow can soak in the ground.

Welcome to all the new folks...hope you can make the Bash at the end of May.

Nice pics everyone....thanks for posting them.

That sucks TO...that's a grand for nothing...wonder if derek is gonna blame anyone?

Thanks for the congrats....don't like the 5 years of bondage though. It was a need and not a want.

I have a couple more years of wedded bliss than you zeke....they all kina druel together after a while. Sure wish i was as young as I was once.LOL!

Did you get payed for your day of work Jim?

My daughter that is a forester for the menominne nation went with DNR and helped with placing collars on black bear sow and cubs. One sow is 23 years old....she sent me some pics, Ill have jennie help me load them later this week. Some of the cubs were just tiny. She had a blast, even when the one den had a couple young males that weren't napping. They left those guys alone.

Those couple cords are gonna be gone if the weather keeps up Doc. Think you'll be robbin next years pile yet fore it's all over and nice out.

The egg numbers are improving more here too. The Buckeye roo is with the hens now and in my other coop I collected my first blue egg this spring...the pullets in that coop layed all winter without light or heat.

have fun.... bigz

He made it sound like they were only getting runners. Did she call and check?
Yeah, she calls every week. We both went in a couple weeks ago when they got their first shipment, Duke (manager) said they would get Pekins but he didn't know when (the hatchery doesn't tell them what they're sending.)

Back
Top Bottom