Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

So who all is coming to the chicken meeting in Marathon at the feed store on Thursday night??

I'm planning on going.
I think Jim and Dave said they were... anyone else??

Good morning! It is OK if you are late CC. We are just starting to move here. Hoping you can come in for a bit? I have the sled ready!
lau.gif

Are you getting the "itch" BigFam? I thought the puppy was supposed to take care of that for ya? You'd better watch out, I bet Amy packs quite the punch!

I am putting my corned beef briskets in the slow cooker today. This way I will be able to smell the deliciousness for two days instead of just one! Any body else make red flannel hash the next day? I think that is my favorite part! Unfortunately I will have to hit the store today and pick up some more red potatoes...for some reason my cats LOVE them! I have them in a basket in the back room and they will chew right threw the bag to get at them! Weird cats...

Cind--that was a good funny that you made about the camo eggs!
lau.gif
Sorry you arent feeling well...I hope tonight is better! My turkeys do that "back massage" thing too. They are waiting for the hen to lay down and say OK. They are much more gentle than chickens I think.

Time for another cuppa...I might be perking up.
TerriOhatingthatitsonly20outside
we have our corned beef simmering on the stove today, there usually is very little left over, will make cabbage and red potatoes to go with- so far the meat smells yummy!

working on boiling down another batch of sap today- probably about 15 gal

going to clean out the coop today and freshing it all up.

have a good one!

jpin
why wait till next year? There is still plenty of time yet this year
lau.gif
join the rest of us!
Too many things in the works with the building of the new coop, roofing the house, setting up hubby's woodworking shop, starting the new gardens, and growing the meaties this summer. I think that'll do it for this year. Retirement in about 10 months
yesss.gif
can't come soon enough!

Quote:
Enabler alert! enabler alert! WHAA WHAA WHAA WHAA!!!!

No need to worry about enabling - we are sooo hooked on the chickens, they pretty much run our lives now and we're loving it.

Hello Cheese heads!

We are looking to buy 6 to 8 Copper Maran eggs to set in incubator. 60 miles or less from Shawano. ( Wausau, Appleton, Greenbay, Antigo, you get the idea)

we are going to set up our incubator at a "assisted living" facility to let the residents experience what most of them remember from their childhood after April 1st.

we currently have eggs in for the Easter hatch. call me if you wish { seven 1 5 - 85 one - 574 two }

Hi All!

Amy... If you make Camo Eggs.... how will you ever find them?:lau

TO... I've had one lay twice in 24 too. I just figured she was a little "backed up".

Vicki.... I'm sure your girls are very happy with you! (Spoiled rotten little hens LOL) Good for you!

Bl4...:hugs

Smelled skunk in the turkey pen... all her eggs are gone and she doesn't want to come out of the chicken tractor part of the pen. GRRRR I can't reach her in there! I hope she's OK. The Tom with the 2 hens in the "coop" pen is not so bright. He has one hen he likes but not the other (I can tell by the mud on her) How ever, all she seems to get is a back message. He doesn't seem to "make contact" like he should. Just stands on her and moves his feet! BTW... flocksalot... they are Midget Whites. 3 hens, 2 Toms.

Not feeling great....Night All!

It does look like toms are doing a tap dance routine on the hens. If you watch long enough you will see her lift her tail and him make contact. Young toms do that same stamp dance on the ground. It funny to watch!

I love my midgets! They are so sweet and curious about everything. We have 9 hens and three toms currently with 4 juveniles growing out that look to be three boys and one girl. My one remaining broad breasted pet stays healthy by running with the midgets.

Got some photos of my silver penciled IB chicks today. Got one little oddball, that's almost calico in pattern. Interested to see how it turns out. It's darker than the others, and has odd, non-symmetrical patchiness to the pattern. Kind of cool, anyway.

Compared to the typical cocoa brown silver penciled chicks. Cuties!

Hurley such sweet chickers! As my chicken obsession is growing I was hoping to get some thoughts on getting flock NPIP cert.? They are offering a seminar April 10th in Hancock I might just get certified as a tester? Thoughts pros-cons?

Hurley such sweet chickers! As my chicken obsession is growing I was hoping to get some thoughts on getting flock NPIP cert.? They are offering a seminar April 10th in Hancock I might just get certified as a tester? Thoughts pros-cons?I
I'm heading down for the testing training in April too, I think Delisha is as well. I want to be certified so I can test my own flock and get my NPIP. Mostly for the purpose of selling hatching eggs to other states. Some require you have it.

Back
Top Bottom