Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

$200 and were all set. We have the solar box, lots of wire and hooker uppers! The guy at fleet was very informative. He even informed me that 1 bullet is cheeper then all this fencing :-/
Teri, I read your post after I bought the goods. But are doing exactly as you suggested! 2 strands of wire. It is raining like crazy. We will have to wait a bit to put it up. And then it needs to charge the solar thingy for 3 days!! Well I guess we are well on our way to a horse fence ;-)

Lisa, I do not have eggs close to hatching. But almost every egg I got from del hatched! You are welcome to a couple chicks if you think your hens would comply.

Momgill, would an electric fence work for you? It really was not as expensive as I thought it would be...

Cc I am glad your neighbors kept their dog home so quickly! I would also love to see some pics of your lavs to hold me over while make sure the dog issue will be resolved...

Where is jim?!

Cc I am glad your neighbors kept their dog home so quickly! I would also love to see some pics of your lavs to hold me over while make sure the dog issue will be resolved...

Where is jim?!
Jim is cleaning up all his messes. It might be awhile before we hear from him...........
gig.gif

I am so glad they kept their dogs home too. I sure would have liked to hear what that sherriff had to say to them, though. He didn't say a word to me: he just jumped in his car & headed down the driveway.
yesss.gif
lau.gif

So annoyed. My hen that was sitting on five duck eggs is now down to one. At one tine she also had two chicken eggs too. What is going on? Did she eat them!?

FT - About your foot if it was a nail it is a puncture wound and you probably embedded some yucky stuff deeper inside your foot..Punctures dont bleed really well and that leaves bacteria deep inside. Probably need to soak it real good and get the antibiotics going externally. If it isn't better soon may need a trip to the doctor just for an antibiotic, cause those bacteria cant get out of the wound... you have your own personal case of bumblefoot
barnie.gif

I would like to try the electric fence thing but once it hits winter the girls are all self contained in a run with overhead wire... it is built like fort knox.. Just during the summer that I extend it a couple of hundred feet so they can free range without getting into my flower beds. We have a ton of shredded bark and they just love to strew it all over the place, I learned free range and flower beds don't go hand in hand.

How does the fence not shock the chickens?

So annoyed. My hen that was sitting on five duck eggs is now down to one. At one tine she also had two chicken eggs too. What is going on? Did she eat them!?
I doubt that she ate them. Is she in a safe spot? Predators love to help themselves to partially incubated eggs (like some cultures I guess
hide.gif
sorry--really not P.C.!) Alternatively the other hens might have moved them around, they cracked and then got eaten. All depends on the surroundings.

FT - About your foot if it was a nail it is a puncture wound and you probably embedded some yucky stuff deeper inside your foot..Punctures dont bleed really well and that leaves bacteria deep inside. Probably need to soak it real good and get the antibiotics going externally. If it isn't better soon may need a trip to the doctor just for an antibiotic, cause those bacteria cant get out of the wound... you have your own personal case of bumblefoot
barnie.gif

I would like to try the electric fence thing but once it hits winter the girls are all self contained in a run with overhead wire... it is built like fort knox.. Just during the summer that I extend it a couple of hundred feet so they can free range without getting into my flower beds. We have a ton of shredded bark and they just love to strew it all over the place, I learned free range and flower beds don't go hand in hand.

How does the fence not shock the chickens?
AACK! Frenchie has Bumblefoot! Make sure you tell the doc that when you go in and check his chicken knowledge! If you soak in Epsom salts and put some drawing salve on it it should come out. Otherwise head in and get some antibiotics. We cant have you losing a leg now can we? [snicker] Do you have any of Cind's salve?
Shoot--I better finish this post before I get in real trouble! I dont think the chickens get too much of a shock from the fence with all those feathers MomG. I know my sheep will go right through while the goats wont. I think they can see the mesh and avoid it because they know they cant get through.

I need to read my book...the rain has stopped and there is just a bit of thunder left. I hope no one got it too bad in the South with this storm--they were predicting pretty high winds and stuff....
Nighties--TErriO

TO missed the post but sounds like you have a new job? Congrats!
CC gorgeous pics can't wait till mine are done molting and look normal again.
Chicken ship is heading to his sisters tomorrow western Minnesota cougar hunting...dnr was o
ut today and confirmed it was a cougar that had killed two of her mini horses and injured a couple others...scary!

Thanks Momgille I'll soak it. It actually feel better tonight.

You guys don't forget you need a couple of nice long ground rods. They should be in a place that stays nice and moist or should I say in a low location so it works better. If you don't have a good ground your fence won't work good especially with the solar. We went with the electric finally.

Just talked to my other neighbor who has the pinto colored Saddlebred mare. She wants to sell it..... Let me know TO when you want me to bring it down. Amish trained to ride and drive. Last ridden about 4 yrs ago. She is about 10yrs. Anyway this neighbor has a friend that is rehoming a 23 yr old horse that can only be used for light riding..... anyone interested?

So CC what mess is Jim cleaning up?

Back
Top Bottom