Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

CC,

I think I do see some dusting of brown/blue in the lacing. It is different color than my blacks so they are easy to tell apart. They also have different eyes. Big huge eyes.

Trying to get this guy in condition for the Nationals..he has more feathers on the floor than on his body. It reminds me of that commercial with the cat in the fan...POOF

BigZio!!!!! Hi stranger!!
frow.gif

FT I wish you lived closer, I cant get enough duck eggs from BBPs mom to meet the requests at work! One person started making salty duck eggs and the word spread!!

LMIller cute chicks!!!!

OMG Just received a text from Mike (ChickenShip) and he is over in Olivia, MN at his sisters-they are planning on hunting the cougar/mtn lion (with full permission from DNR & Sheriff) tonight. It sounds like out of his sisters 8 mini horses-it has killed 2, there are 2 more that might not make it-only left one untouched!!! Neighbors have seen it in the driveway, fields etc too. I am way nervous for him and his brothers out there tonight.

Hey Angiibubs, I don't know how far you are ??? We'll see how many eggs I get, I might just have to take a road trip !!!! LOL Anyway ET wants to know what salty duck eggs are. Please share.
I had better stop counting my eggs before they even happen.
OMG poor mini's. I think I could even shoot that predator if it hurt my ponies.
I'm sure he'll be fine. Praying the mini's make it.

From WIki:
A salted duck egg is a Chinese preserved food product made by soaking duck eggs in brine, or packing each egg in damp, salted charcoal. In Asian supermarkets, these eggs are sometimes sold covered in a thick layer of salted charcoal paste. The eggs may also be sold with the salted paste removed, wrapped in plastic, and vacuum packed. From the salt curing process, the salted duck eggs have a briny aroma, a very liquid egg white and a firm-textured, round yolk that is bright orange-red in color.
Salted duck eggs are normally boiled or steamed before being peeled and eaten as a condiment to congee or cooked with other foods as a flavoring. The egg white has a sharp, salty taste. The orange red yolk is rich, fatty, and less salty. The yolk is prized and is used in Chinese mooncakes to symbolize the moon.

The freinds at work make a brine and soak them for I beleive a month, then boil them before eating. If you google salty duck eggs-there are a ton of different versions.

Here's the new chicks, 15 total, but 2 of them are about a month old from another hatch a lady did that was taking my eggs and giving me choice of the hatch. the far left brownish one is a BLRW x Light Brahma. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. Alot of dark ones. I can see blue wings on one starting already. Have a batch in one incubator on lock down atm, but noticed a temp drop to 95, hope I didn't mess that up.

Been so crazy around here. I noticed you were talking vehicles a few days ago but didn't have time to chime in. I had bought a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 weeks ago today and yesterday the family took a trip to Eau Claire. Well I stopped at a stop light and the tranny started going in and out so pulled into Holiday to check it out. Fluid was full so we went to try and go and no gears at all. Sat and waited for about an hour and give it some gas and it went into gear. We got onto the freeway and made it to New Auburn, stopped and went to go and nothing again. Called husband uncle to come save us, I come home and they went back with trailer to pick up Jeep, It must of sat long enough as it drove onto trailer. Hauled it to the shop today to see how much it's going to cost to fix it. This is the first time I've bought non GM vehicles and I'm kicking myself! I can't afford to fix it if it's the tranny so I'll have a really nice looking yard ornament if that's the case. I sold my GTP as it was a 2 door and was getting sick of getting in or out when the boys had to get out or being smashed into the steering wheel. Should of kept my car and dealt with it as it was more reliable. If it weren't for the trans, the Jeep is a very nice riding vehicle with so many nice options. But dang, 2 weeks and I'm sitting. Not a good position to be in for sure. Besides daughter sold her vehicle and we delivered it to New Richmond, then drove to down town Minneapolis to pick up her Bonneville she bought. Been a long week of driving and have to go down to Winona to my cousins in the morning for a bday party. I've put on so many miles this week I just wanna sit home and relax but I really want to see my cousin and his family.
I'm lovin' all the chick pics! Thanks for sharing!

We had a 1999 Grand and it was a super good vehicle from the get-go. We even took it out on trail rides and did some hill climbing with it. It went places easily that Wranglers had to be winched up and through. Now, in 2013, if you're buying a 2000 you are getting a 13 year old vehicle! That age of vehicle is bound to have something on the verge of pooping out. You never know how the previous owners cared for it, maintained it, or drove it. Overall, the Chrysler products we've had through the years have been great vehicles with far fewer maintenance issues than other brands. I've had a few GM vehicles (and one Ford) in the past and have liked most of them but the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge vehicles have been more reliable than the GM and far more so than the Ford.

I hope the transmission problem isn't as bad as it seems and you get your ride back SOON!!

CC,

I think I do see some dusting of brown/blue in the lacing. It is different color than my blacks so they are easy to tell apart. They also have different eyes. Big huge eyes.

Trying to get this guy in condition for the Nationals..he has more feathers on the floor than on his body. It reminds me of that commercial with the cat in the fan...POOF
Ah yes. I know those eyes very well. Striking, aren't they?

Hi All!

Loved the cute chick and roo pics! That sassy little donkey too! I wonder if Colton ever figured out what his chicks are?

FT.... I would bet somewhere there is a load of eggs hiding! Started cleaning the coop today and found 15 stashed in the feed room! I thought I had that blocked off well enough! They were all green ones too! Then I asked one of Jon's friends (who's helping clean) to check the loft. He didn't have time for a good look, but spotted at least 20 just in one area! I KNEW I WAS SHORT EGGS!!

Angie.... Good luck to Hubby and his fam.

CC... Your making me want a "Hershey" baby real bad! Wonder how the "grandkids" would be?

I have a problem with that broody that hatched the chick. She's not leaving the nest with it. She's still acting like she's broody. No eggs under her, just the chick. She is the sassiest broody I ever had too! Any ideas to get her to take car of the one she has?

Jon didn't leave yesterday, they had issues getting the owner's car. They were suppose to pick it up at Bristol and load it on a flatbed and tow it to Texas. U-haul didn't have a flatbed that would take the car. It's a 1958 MGA Roadster! Guess it's the owner man's problem now. They are leaving this morning for sure.
hit.gif

Guess that's it.... Night All! (Or morning )

Brrrr..

Cold cold out this morning. The chicks did not want to venture out yet. My broody is hatching soon. I heard a cheep under her.
fl.gif
She has gold laced eggs and two of baby's eggs. Baby is getting pretty old and I think I need to keep one of her girls. She is a small bird who lays huge eggs.

CC do you want a gold laced male? I forgot and thought you might have mentioned it.

Brr t is cold! God luck on the hatch delisha :) my phone will not upload pics now. Will have to wait for a trip to town for jubilee chicks. Is that one f2? And mine1?

Clark, sux about your jeep!

Cind, sad about your son. Hope he grows on his adventures tho!

Cc keep those pics coming! ♡
2665.png

I hope winter never comes!

Good morning!
frow.gif
JJ! Nice to see you!
My cold has turned into a fullblown watermelon head thing today! YUK! Been fighting it for 3 or 4 days...it was a good think I was up last night though! I was looking out the window at the moon when I heard a horse whinny and then galloping hooves! Only could mean one thing. Yup, the horses were out! It was only 10:45 or so too! Dont know what happened yet but I went outside and called them back in and locked them in the paddock. I imagine someone got hooked on the wire and spooked or a deer ran through. I am actually surprised they did it while I was home! I am usually gone somewhere when it happens.

With all these chicks and trades and trains pretty soon I think all chickens in this group will be related!
I had two more nests of muskovys hatch out yesterday...a 12 and an 8. Sure wish I could sell some. I am trying the racetrack again tomorrow for sure. Gotta call my friend.

I dont think I am going west to go riding today...the fence calls and I feel like doo-doo!

Have a great day friends! TerriO

Back
Top Bottom