Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well, Mr Gibs survived his neutering and Lily (the new rabbit) is adapting pretty well outdoors. She has a strong appetite!!!! It must be because her body is adapting to the temperature difference and maintaining a healthy core temp. The two of them are hopping around together!

My two chicks appear to be both female at this point. No prominent combs! It does look like we have a buff orpington and a solid black cuckoo maran. They are impossible to capture a picture of, but I'll keep trying!

I'm having a hard time, with this round of chickens, keeping the waterer clean. Ugh! Any suggestions? They are scratching at the litter inside their coop and knocking up the debris everywhere...into the water.

We are at freezing temps here too. Heat is on, I'm gonna get out my winter clothes, and I'm not ready for winter at all. The pumpkins, tomatoes, and zucchini are still growing (albeit slowly), so I haven't prepped for the spring garden yet.

Other news, I cut my hair short, for those that know me, and I am loving it!

To- I'll take some squash if you get sick of it!!!
this reminds me

here is the news from here today

one of us decided to cut her own hair

and tomorrow we go get it fixed up . No more hard to brush long hair that hangs in our face.

Well, Mr Gibs survived his neutering and Lily (the new rabbit) is adapting pretty well outdoors. She has a strong appetite!!!! It must be because her body is adapting to the temperature difference and maintaining a healthy core temp. The two of them are hopping around together! My two chicks appear to be both female at this point. No prominent combs! It does look like we have a buff orpington and a solid black cuckoo maran. They are impossible to capture a picture of, but I'll keep trying! I'm having a hard time, with this round of chickens, keeping the waterer clean. Ugh! Any suggestions? They are scratching at the litter inside their coop and knocking up the debris everywhere...into the water. We are at freezing temps here too. Heat is on, I'm gonna get out my winter clothes, and I'm not ready for winter at all. The pumpkins, tomatoes, and zucchini are still growing (albeit slowly), so I haven't prepped for the spring garden yet. Other news, I cut my hair short, for those that know me, and I am loving it! To- I'll take some squash if you get sick of it!!!
this reminds me here is the news from here today one of us decided to cut her own hair and tomorrow we go get it fixed up . No more hard to brush long hair that hangs in our face.
Aww she's cute!

JJ...love those self haircuts...my son decided to do that recently...sigh..what do you do!
Biggie...wish we were closer...my kids eat me out of carrots each week. Only squash of mine that really did anything were the butternut. So we arms king butternut muffins today and butternut noodles tomorrow. Was hoping for spaghetti squash, but they did not make it. Having a hard time find them around here...bummer.

Well my sanity is returning and football and soccer are done, swimming in only two more weeks and then two weeks off until wrestling starts. Just had teacher conferences and while my son is not fully diagnosed as ADHD, the teacher said he has many symptoms we need to work on. Let's hope it helps. He is a smart kid and gets bored in class because he feels it is too easy and hqt is is when problems occur. He does not manage free time well. But they are getting a wobble seat which is like an air cushion with bumps on it so he can stay in motion in his chair with out tipping it or wiggling too much. Let's hope hope that ay helps.
Hope everyone is good.
Are ewe ready for another cluck meetup southerners?

Hi All!
Hubby will be coming home with a Welsummer rooster tomorrow. I'm in a quandary as to what I want to do with him. The lady I'm getting him from doesn't care if I butcher him (which was the plan 'till I found out what kind he is), but I would love for him to sire some pullets! I just don't have room to do a breeding pen now. Don't know how he'll get along with the roos I want to keep either. I've lost so many good hens this year grrrr! I need layers! If someone want's him fine. I'll take a couple chicks in spring. Anyway... I'll bbl!

Hi all---got all the plants in. ALso all the squash and half of the potatoes. I also brought in a few tomato vines that had lots of greenies left. I hung them up side down in the basement. Did this one year with my full sized plants and we had vine ripened until January! They arent as good as sun ripened but anything is better than the store ones! I did not can any tomatoes this year...made some sauce with basil on the weekend and I will either can or freeze that tomorrow. Still havent found my pressure canner (either of them) that DH "put away!"

Today I headed to Milwaukee to visit with my aunt and Mom and Dad. I took a couple of hubbards to Dad and he gave me one of HIS hubbards! At least he grew the orange ones! Was it Connie or Sandy that has the sea green hubbards? (or maybe neither of you?) SOme of mine are bright green and some are dark green...what say you Brent? Were there two types of seeds in that pack? I have had the sea green ones...they are the same IMHO. All delicious! My Dad gave me some pickles that he made too...B&B and dills...I will let you know how they are. I tell you, he is turning into a real Sammy homemaker! Maybe I can talk him into chickens soon?

So I am getting ready to leave and guess what? I hear a cat meowing...there should be no cats outside in my yard. I call Here kitty kitty and there comes ANOTHER calico cat! This one is more torti in her appearance and also has very full mammary glands! *SIGH* She is the same size as the other one but seeing as I locked that one up and no kittens I left this one out in the yard and went to see the neighbor! They dont have cats but she said the other new neighbor does. I will head there tomorrow...

While I was traveling another friend called me and is bringing me a rooster tomorrow! I think I need to learn the word NO! So this one is supposedly sweet and his hens were picking on him and making him bloody...it is an Ameraucana...I get rid of one and another takes it's place....yeah, that is NOT going to happen with these cats!
When I got home the dogs and cats had totally TRASHED the house! Eggs on the floor, potatoes and sweet potatoes chewed up, a nice big puddle in the middle of the floor! Yup--I need to finish moving birds so I have the use of my dog kennel again! I always feel sorry for them if I have to put them in their inside kennels during the day...guess where they will be tomorrow?

OK--guess I better get myself off to bed. Driving makes me tired...so does digging potatoes!
Nighties! TerriO

Nice hair cuts--both of you!
gig.gif

Hey Vicky--I didnt know that Orps could have a cuckoo pattern! Cool!

Ah Bigz, you're killing me! Carrots are one of my absolute favs. I try to put them in darn near everything. I sure wish I was closer too.

Terri, want another rooster? I have at least 5 extras.......... Ok, smileys aren't working, but trust me when I say I'm hiding under the chair. ;)

Cute haircut. Sweet dreams, all!

Hi Again!

Tweez.... yea, tell us how/why/where you got horses!
Someone mentioned slaughter house horses, my uncle back in the '60s used to go to a slaughter house auctions and brought back some nice horses then. I can imagine some real nice horses have wound up there now. Sad.

cs....cute cut!

wyoDreamer..... are you from Wyoming? Just a guess LOL I take it you already bought a house in Wis? Where at?

BigZ.... I wish I was close enough for carrots too! Hey, CC and kristip think we can set up a carrot train?
lau.gif

JJ..... Looks like she was trying for the same look as CS!!
wink.png

TO.... I have some roosters you can too! Even a nice Welsummer!
roll.png

Neil is coming home Wed. He's getting a hospital bed and someone will come in to help with shower. Still talking about other stuff.

Well, I guess that's it.... Night All!

http://racine.craigslist.org/grd/4142793865.html

Almost Amish! - $155 (E992 Frog Hollow Road)

Farm for sale west of The Dells: 40 acres off the beaten path, ready for alternative lifestyle, 2800 square feet with six bedrooms, built at turn of the century (2000) with solid Amish construction. Permitted latrine in the garage, ice box, gravity water, wood heated with Kitchen Queen cook stove with 24-gallon hot water reservoir, stainless steel chimney flu insert installed in 2012. Custom kitchen with 2 sinks and work peninsula, Bosch oven with proof and dehydrate and meat probe, ceramic cooktop, 8' x 10' insulated walk-in pantry. 10' x 35' root cellar with shelves for canned goods Attached garage with 10-cord wood shed. Maple window trim, hardwood floors, draft-free home. Buried, 200-amp electric service. Forty acre parcel with 10 acres of morel-rich woods, over 200 wild apple trees bearing delicious fruit, hickory and walnut trees, 5-7 tillable acres, remaining acreage is hilly pasture. Amish barn built in 1998 with drive-in hay mow, 6 cow stanchions, stalls for 3 horse teams and 2 singles 1 box stall, loafing shed. The land has been rested for 5 growing seasons and is ready to support your self-sufficient lifestyle, ready for organic, bordered on two sides by organic farmland. Price reduced for pre-winter sale, must sell! $155,000. It's a beautiful deal for the right person--they don't make them like this any more.
Frog Hollow Road at Chatten Road (google map) (yahoo map)
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4142793865
Posted: 2013-10-21, 2:23PM EDT
email to a friend

Wow..... I wonder what it looks like?

TO... If you drive towards Madison you are welcome to stop by and borrow my pressure canner. I am done with it for the year.

Ahhh Kids haircuts, crayons on walls, gum in places it isnt supposed to be, these are the things that make us smile.

Cind- So glad you are getting some help a good bed and everything this should take some stress off you, I hope things continue to improve.

Hmmm first it was chickens do you think I can become Amish and do some hand milking?? I'd do it in a flash but think I would want to win the lottery, cause no matter how perfect that place sounds I bet there is a lot of money you could spend to make it better.

I have no chicken news for quite awhile now. All 8 of my birds are integrated and the Americana I thought was the most docile has turned into a real hen pecker, but no blood is drawn so all is well. TO... do you have any idea when those Marans should start laying?

Have a great day all walk fast and bundle up!

Good morning!

Cs, lime the doo.

Jj, I would lime to see some after pics of your little lady!

Cind, I am glad you are getti g so.e help you will need! Good luck with your new roo lol

Scotts newest turkey's skin is looking a little ...green. it is the weirdest thing. He is 100% otherwise. Eats, drinks, struts...I am baffeled. I googled it. Found nothing. Is it possible it is because of so much fresh greens? I have heard of marygold giving them a yellow tinge... it is just so weird!!

Back
Top Bottom