Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

As soon as we sell our house, I am moving to northeastern WI. Yea!
Hubby moves in December, with or without me ...
Congrats! I hope you like it here. Whereabouts in NE WI, if you don't mind me asking? Where are you from now? Do you have chickies now?

And welcome to the Cheesehead thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Nice haircut, cs! It looks very nice.

Your new bunny is trying to pack on the pounds for the winter. Her appetite will level off soon. I am glad you got Gibbs fixed & he has someone to snuggle with.

Put the chick waterer up on something. The rule usually is to keep the waterer the height of the chickens back. High enough to keep some of the stuff out of it but not too high to reach. HTH

Last edited:
CC- Thanks regarding the haircut! The waterer is up off of the ground, but not as high as their backs. Great suggestion! Oh and thanks for the info on Lily's appetite.
I love your hair cut!!
great suggestion CC..mine are up too or they get filled quick with poop and litter.

I wanna see pictures..are you disappointed you have another Orpington?

Deli-no I'm not disappointed. They have great personalities, are quiet, and aren't pigs. However, I guess a downside could be the broodiness? But that just means more great mommas! Thanks about the hair!

I still owe you two pullets..I have two of them for you any time you are ready. I will even give you a leghorn pullet for white eggs if you want. She is white and will not go broody that often. Her mom only goes once a year. I have an EE from Terri you can have too. So far she is quiet and will lay blue/green eggs I think..not sure what she is crossed with, but came from a blue egg so she has the gene. She is gold/brown bared. They are both around 12 weeks old. Both are not known for going broody. I am so glad I got the AM's back from you. I really love them. They are so loving. The black girl loves Joe. She follows him every where.

Vicki

Last edited:
Wanted to let folks know about this, esp if you wanted to help but can't make the benefit on Sat. One of Julie's friends has a decorating business and has offered to donate a decorating package:

I am doing a raffle fundraiser for Julie Theeke-nimocks. I have agreed to donate an event planning/decorating package of your choice! VALUE $500.00

You may go to my fb page 'Creative Events By Stacie' to see samples of my work. I do Corporate Events, Weddings, Graduations, Anniversaries, Over The Hill, Christenings, Non-Profits Events, Fundraisers, etc.

Tickets are $15.00 ea. or 2 / $25.00
A Limit Of 100 Tickets Will be Sold!!

I travel anywhere in the state of WI
I am willing to book out approx. within the next 18 mo. to 2 yrs.

Tickets will be available at her event.

You can contact me if you'd like to buy a ticket or two, I'll get some from Stacie.
thumbsup.gif

I also set up a FB page for the event: Julie (Theeke) Nimocks Cancer Benefit

Chilly Evening To All... Nice job growing the hubbs TO! They make wonderful pie too!

Not really a lot of rutting activity here yet jj. I have seen just one small scrape along the bottom of the woods...and haven't seen any chasing...the small bucks are still hangin together too!

My carrots are being given away to anyone that I can find who wants them...I still prolly have a wheelbarrow load to dig....I'm not going to straw them down, so I'll prolly dig again tomorrow.

I need to throw my winter wood in the basement. I've been putin it off for awhile.....now I need to get er done or freeze the pipes. I have like 3 trees to fell and cut up too.....this doing nothing all the time is catching up fast now.

Sometimes it's good to remember, and sometimes it's good to forgive and forget, and move on. Life is way to short.

Froze my butt off tonight...warmer clothes the next time I sit for a couple.

Congrats on the forky your buddy shot Doc! Good eatin for sure....I think he should force feed you some loins to give your body some more strength to match your brain....you'll be 19 all over again. Then look out....

Peace...bigz

Back
Top Bottom