Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Say gang...carol is trying to find a home for her turkey hen that has been in with her chickens and guineas. She would like it to go to a non eating home...anyone interested?

Say gang...carol is trying to find a home for her turkey hen that has been in with her chickens and guineas. She would like it to go to a non eating home...anyone interested?
I would be, but it would be a few weeks till I could get her.

My gosh, gone for one day and so much to catch up to already! Like having sangria and bloody Marie's and burgers with onions... One could get more than into the mood to join all in that!

Yup, up here we had a great warm and sunny day. Most of the icky white 8" from yesterday has melted and again left some rivers and mud holes all over the now visible again driveway. Hope it's not gonna freeze solid again and melt, and freeze and melt... Cuz yes I agree. I do demand some steady warmer temperatures and not another cold week!

Other than that just had to round up the escape ducks about 4 times today. So I dug a deep trench in the snow right I front of their hill. They just turned around and rerouted twice to hop over the topper and on to circle the driveway again. Lol. So I had to block their other escape route too. I know, I'm mean.

Going ahead to chill a bit in front of the tv watching "Grumpy old men" and seriously thinking bout having some chocolate ice cream with potent homemade eggnog with that. Hmmm...

good spring afternoon,

nice sunshine here,, a lot of the snow finally slid off the nort side of the house roof..

I let the new puppy loose for about an hour this morning.. It would not have been that long, but he would not come close enough for me to catch him,, He likes his freedom , for sure.. One good thing came of it.. he completely ignored the poultry ..

..... ..... .. rainbow .. ........

has anyone here ever heard of a breed of chicken called Rainbow ?
Rainbow isn't really a breed. It's used to describe a flock that is both a "rainbow" in feather and lays a variety of egg colors. I have a "rainbow" bantam project going on at my house. I have blue, cream and pinkish tan layers. I'm crossing several ways to get some crazy variety. They're really mutts, but they are so pretty and lay such pretty eggs I hate to call them that. And I'm hoping to add some darker layers to the mix so that next year I can work on some more interesting colors.

Cuties...is her name Vicky out in mazomanie? If so I have two chicks that I just got from her with 2 lavender orps.
[/quote]

When are you doing this? I'm 15 min from Mazo!!! If I'm here, you guys should come say hi!

14526_10152275228950428_229388724_n.jpg

I will have to see if she knows the breed of turkey. Sooner the better...she is south of Madison.

Heather...she met me in waunakee last week....

Howdy all welcome to the newcomers.. Hey cooties,,,I do have a bator with a turner you can borrow ,,,just let me know.. I would like 4-6 marrans chicks,, any chance of that? Jimbo,,you be careful on that Ice,, I think maybe Anne should put a leash on you
wink.png
Delisha,, glad your pup is doing well,,, do you sell meat chicks or eggs to hatch?,,,if so what r they?,,how old when you butcher? WOW Heather lays low till perv alert and BOOM there she is,,nice of you to check in...You can tell spring is in the air,,,lots of chicken chat,, swappin,,hatchen,,chasen !! Whats the deal on the bloody mary s I like bloody mary s why tell us after the drinkens done??? Nice to see all of the people on here chatting, meeting n greeting, sharing all kinds of thing,, Thank you Brent,, you got this whole thing started.. Have a good night all and a good day tomorrow Zekehittinthehay

Back
Top Bottom