Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thought I'd post this here too, since WI isn't far from the Twin Cities and maybe someone would like to give these rabbits a new home.

Anybody interested in taking a couple dwarf domestic rabbits? I took them a few years ago when their last owners found out they weren't allowed to keep them where they lived. They were originally found wandering the back porch of someone's cabin up north, but are clearly domestic. I have no idea exactly how old they are. There is a grey female and a black male. The female is a bit more skittish than the male, but neither of them like to be picked up all that much. I think with the right attention they would be great pets. They have been living in outdoor hutches at our house. I just don't have the time to give to them and I feel badly that they don't get more attention. Plus DH has been pressuring me to have fewer animals in general. They aren't fixed, but I have been keeping them in two hutches that are side by side so they could see and smell eachother. If they were fixed, they could live a very happy existence together as they totally love eachother (as found out by their last owners who were not smart in the way of animals and kept them together). We're on the north side of the Twin Cities. i think we want to keep the hutches to turn into summer chick "playpens". Let me know. I fear posting them on Craigslist - you know, potential for crazies.

You in the market for a new virile banty roo?  I have more than I need, especially with upcoming hatches.  I would sell you one of mine.

I don't know what you mean by virile? I mainly have Cochin bantams(black, white & Lav/blue) but have a pair of Buff Orp bantams. I lost so many this winter, partridge pair, Mille flour and silkie. I'd have to see photo's of yours first.

I don't know what you mean by virile? I mainly have Cochin bantams(black, white & Lav/blue) but have a pair of Buff Orp bantams. I lost so many this winter, partridge pair, Mille flour and silkie. I'd have to see photo's of yours first.
They are in the prime of their life, all 1 year old nearly to the day - so fertility for us has been high. I was glad not to loose too many this winter (I did loose one d'Uccle mille fleur and one Amaeraucana/Araucana cross and was pretty sad about both). It was a long cold winter.
I'll try to post a photo of my d'Uccle mille fleur. The others I have are a Ameraucana/Araucana cross and a frizzle who is part light Sussex (he's spurless) - all bantam.

Sad about your birds. Never easy to loose any.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... what do you think?

Here's the PM I got from a person that only joined BYC 1hr 46 minutes ago...

-------------

Hello,
I like your profile in this community network and I think you are a nice person. Can we get in contact? I'm sorry if i am embarrassing you, i shall explain all about myself including my pictures. please you can write to me ( [email protected] ) not in this site because i am a new in this community and i don't visit this site often, I'd like to get to know you if you don't mind
Please There is something important i want to tell you
thanks & regards
Miss Ngone.

------------

Last edited:
don't get adventerous ..delete and block..

I sure had a busy hour just now.. I was talking on the phone, Annie was beeping me from the drug store, and my cell phone was ringing over and over,, just then a car pulled in with a couple of girls to look at the puppies..

they said they would be back with $$$$ at 11AM tomorrow.. she asked me if she could pay me half now and the rest a week from now.. I told her to just wait a week and then come for the pup..

she said she would bring the full amount tomorrow..

.........jiminwisc.............

Delete and block.
I am enjoying the lgd talk. Echo has come so far. But will never be bonded to the chickens. That is ok. Idk if I could have he self control to create a true lgd lol I would allow it to bond with me.
Good job on the pup jim. How many does that leave?
Clark, I am glad you posted pics of the blrw. It is good to know they are good!!
Did some spring cleaning today. More tomorrow. The barn is begging to look a little fresh again!

Delete and block.
I am enjoying the lgd talk. Echo has come so far. But will never be bonded to the chickens. That is ok. Idk if I could have he self control to create a true lgd lol I would allow it to bond with me.
Good job on the pup jim. How many does that leave?
Clark, I am glad you posted pics of the blrw. It is good to know they are good!!
Did some spring cleaning today. More tomorrow. The barn is begging to look a little fresh again!

Thank you Cuties... I totally forgot that you could block someone. Unknown person is now blocked!!!

Back
Top Bottom