Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Gee it finally stopped snowing. Surely we got about 2-3 inches of wet icky stuff the positive thing about it though is that I don't slip and slide all over the drive and pen anymore, AND it is way easier for SO to pull cut up wood closer so he can split it. Our "slider" (piece of sheet metal attached to tractor hitch) simply don't like to go that easy over mud and gravel as it does over snow and ice!

Still had to go outside a couple of times to chase one adventurous escape artist duck back into the pen. Shoveled off some more snow so they can't use the pond filter housing as stepping stone anymore. Buggers! Tracks all over the driveway in the fresh snow...

It was just so funny to watch them earlier trying to haste and eat the snowflakes. Too funny! Ducks are such a relaxation therapy!

Hey Jim,
A Crested Cream Legbar, (in essence, a barred Leghorn) lays a bluish egg and is sex linked with males having two barring genes, females having one, so you can discern their gender at hatch.
A Rainbow chicken is a hatchery coined term allowing them to market a breed for any number of traits, (depends on what hatchery your doing business with). Years ago, there was a hatchery marketing "Rainbow Layers" which in essence, were nothing more than a line of Americaunas that had been selected to lay beige, pink, blue, blue-green, green, green-blue and olive shades of eggs. I've even saw one hatchery that sold Rainbows simply under the guise of mixed breed chicks. It was a one year offer, so my guess is someone forgot to close the gate to the breeder pens.
I suffer from CRS too, though some days are worse than others.
smile.png

Kind regards,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin--that is kinda what I thought about "Rainbow" chickens. I have only heard of them in reference to egg color...therefor a roo doesnt really count! I have a whole pen full of ones that look like yours Jim...I think I should advertise them as RAINBOW chickens...the new breed! Perhaps I could make some $$$$?

(PS) They are all for sale! LOL!

Quote:
We raise meat rabbits- we have an extra junior doe and a senior buck if you decide to raise them yourself
big_smile.png
As soon as I get all the rabbits eaten out of our freezer I may be calling you up! I had a great time when I did rabbits...the only problem is that they are too cute! BL4....they dont make any noise and taste like chicken! (sorry CC)

Good night all--I better hit the hay...I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow!
th.gif

Nighties! TerriO

TO- any time
smile.png

DS(12), DD(14) and myself just got home from our 1st night of hunter safety class- we go back tomorrow and Sunday...very interesting so far and a lot to learn. Sunday is written test and field test.

So today when we went out for chores, our FA rabbit had kindled sometime late last night/early morning and had pulled a lot of fur to cover the babies- we saw the pile wiggle but will wait a few days before checking to see what she had. Here is the nest she built, she is sitting to the right of it.

TO- any time
smile.png

DS(12), DD(14) and myself just got home from our 1st night of hunter safety class- we go back tomorrow and Sunday...very interesting so far and a lot to learn. Sunday is written test and field test.

So today when we went out for chores, our FA rabbit had kindled sometime late last night/early morning and had pulled a lot of fur to cover the babies- we saw the pile wiggle but will wait a few days before checking to see what she had. Here is the nest she built, she is sitting to the right of it.

Nice nest bunny lady. When I took in some rabbits a few years ago, I had no idea they were not properly housed prior and had a surprise while checking on them one November morning - 5 little baby bunnies! I love them at a couple days old when their eyes aren't yet open, but they are so fuzzy already. I have since kept mine in separate housing near eachother to keep them from being lonely, but more baby bunnies are not likely in our future. Their breed is unknown (though they are some kind of dwarf) and I think the number of unwanted bunnies at the humane society justifies my not bringing any more baby bunnies from this pair into the world (though they are awfully cute and they must carry a long hair gene even though they are both short hair since they have produced several very long hair offspring - one of whom lives as a house bunny at our house cause he was the runt of the surprise litter).

Hi all. Hope things are well with all of you. I keep getting behind on posts! We bought 6 Roen ducklings at TS on Wedneday. Just the cutest little things. We had a pair last year, but they got hit by a car, so we replaced them and then some.
Still working on my kitchen. They will have to remove and remake some of them for the third time. The biggest, but not the only, problem is that the where the microwave is supposed to go is off over an inch, so it would not be centered over the stove! Ugh- I contacted a lawyer, but I have to let them keep fixing it... The owner of the company is coming on Monday afternoon to see what the next step is. He is such a jerk. I don't even want him in my house but I have no choice. What should have been done three weeks ago won't be done until who knows when.
Well hope you all have a good weekend!

Poor Judge... Don't settle for less than what you want.
smile.png

I love how all of the snow is finally gone from my yard! I hate how it's a mud pit and the boys decided it was a good thing to rut up the yard with their Tonka trucks.
hmm.png
We keep telling them to let the chickens out, but come in the house and don't play in the back yard. Oh, well... Tomorrow, they will love me. It's "Spring Love Dog Log Pick Up in the Yard" day!!!
wink.png

Hi All!

Jim...Glad the pups are finding homes! I love big dogs, but I think a German Shepard is about as big as I want to get.

Judge.... Sure hope you get that kitchen done to your liking soon!

TO.... I got a bunch of roosters that look like that one with allot of black in it! LOL

I'm sure there was more to say from pages back but....ain't goina' happen.

Night All!

good morning, had three new contacts about the puppies .. One girl came and looked last night.
she is supposed to come back at 11AM to pick one up.. we will see,

I can see a lot of the top of my big trailer again.. snow is going down at a decent rate all over..
Now we can brace ourselves for the mud season..

I like it when it is nice enough in the morning to sit on a lawn chair and have a cuppa.. when it is still too early for mosquitoes ..

I promised someone that I would post directions on how to make an auto waterer for a GQF bator.
.......I am only a day late with that project .. not so bad, this is the earliest I have ever been late..
lau.gif

..........jiminwisc..........

good morning, had three new contacts about the puppies .. One girl came and looked last night.
she is supposed to come back at 11AM to pick one up.. we will see,

I can see a lot of the top of my big trailer again.. snow is going down at a decent rate all over..
Now we can brace ourselves for the mud season..

I like it when it is nice enough in the morning to sit on a lawn chair and have a cuppa.. when it is still too early for mosquitoes ..

I promised someone that I would post directions on how to make an auto waterer for a GQF bator.
.......I am only a day late with that project .. not so bad, this is the earliest I have ever been late..
lau.gif

..........jiminwisc..........

I'm with you on sitting outside with a cuppa.... Even in the winter, we use to sit out on our porched wrapped up in a blanket enjoying the morning.. but not this winter.. too cold.

Love your quote on the earliest you have ever been late!!!

Morning all!!!

Back
Top Bottom