Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

sad.png
makes me sad to toss it.... such is life, huh?
come on, it is just an egg .. just like the ones you tossed at the principals house when you were a kid..

small hand seeder that would work well for making seed tapes as long as you aren't doing a mile of them

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-5479-hand-seed-sower.aspx

just used that link to show the picture,,,these are available lots of places, think I have seen them at ACE and perhaps FF
Good morning guys.. you are up early..

I looked at that seeder Dan, looks like it would work.. my hand naturally shakes, so it should be easy for me to use..

the hardest part of planting those darned carrot seeds is seeing if one hits the dirt.. I was thinking that a guy could stretch the toilet paper down the furrow and then he could see where the seeds are hitting..

OR , making individual 2 inch square TP pads with just one seed in each.. then laying each pad in the furrow..

there aren't so many seeds in a packet..

..........jiminwisc.............

Snowy morning here and it has started up again
barnie.gif
there my thoughts on the snow
lau.gif
, from what DH texted me- nothing really on the west side of Madison.

worked on finishing the rearranging of animals yesterday- now just to work on cleaning up some of the other items so DH can pull his truck in again tonight.

have to finish up the maple syrup today...not much to put into jars this time around. Question for those of you who also make maple syrup- what type of strainer do you run the sap through or not? We have tried coffee filer, cheese cloth and even the clean paint filters and still end up with some sediment on the bottom of the jar.

best go finish chores and get some paper work done too!

Have a good one

Quote:
gig.gif

Morning all,

One more day of snow and we will be in the top 5 snowiest winters ever!! From my goal oriented side.. go snow! From my sun loving side, seriously?

Looks like it's going to be like every other day; work, come home and cook dinner, help with homework and then maybe a little me time to play on the computer, sew something or crochet.

I have an idea, if everyone would post 1 nature picture (chicken, livestock, yard, just the outside), it would keep my spirits up during the day!! - When life gets stressful, I usually text my DH that I need a chicken pic, if he's home (which he works from home on some days), he'll snap one and send it to me.

How did I pick a career where I'm stuck inside all day. :-(

so I candled all the eggs last night and found that one was cracked and had a slight round hole that does NOT go into the membrane...I coated it with wax, but that all melted off in the bator...should I pull that one or leave it? It did have veining. Also, tossed one that had the ring of death :( Lot's look good, several need another candling to be sure one way or another.
do not set cracked or damaged eggs..it is not worth the risk to the healthy eggs and a clean incubator.

sad.png
makes me sad to toss it.... such is life, huh?
life is about making choices..
big_smile.png

nothing to get sad about..it would be much worse to have it blow up and possibly contaminate your nice incubator and all future use.

Snowy morning here and it has started up again
barnie.gif
there my thoughts on the snow
lau.gif
, from what DH texted me- nothing really on the west side of Madison.

worked on finishing the rearranging of animals yesterday- now just to work on cleaning up some of the other items so DH can pull his truck in again tonight.

have to finish up the maple syrup today...not much to put into jars this time around. Question for those of you who also make maple syrup- what type of strainer do you run the sap through or not? We have tried coffee filer, cheese cloth and even the clean paint filters and still end up with some sediment on the bottom of the jar.

best go finish chores and get some paper work done too!

Have a good one
for wine making, I got a couple of strainers from the wine supply store.. I think they are some sort of synthetic material, like nylon ..?? I don't know how hot of liquid you can run through them, but I would think warm liquid would not harm them,, I wash them in very hot water with no side affects..
I believe there are different sized of mesh available..
I think they would work well with warm sap/syrup..

they are wide enough to stretch around the stock pots I use ..

they are not very expensive,, and the ones I have are well over 15 years ..

for wine making, I got a couple of strainers from the wine supply store.. I think they are some sort of synthetic material, like nylon ..?? I don't know how hot of liquid you can run through them, but I would think warm liquid would not harm them,, I wash them in very hot water with no side affects..
I believe there are different sized of mesh available..
I think they would work well with warm sap/syrup..

they are wide enough to stretch around the stock pots I use ..

they are not very expensive,, and the ones I have are well over 15 years ..

will have to look into these, I know there must be several wine/beer supply stores around here. thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom