Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Congratulations Bigz! A very nice tom! Are you going to have a mount done? If I get one this year I think I'll do a 'wing mount' for the showroom.
I did not stay in bed but didn't hunt either...I didn't get to town for my license yet. Yesterday I watched two toms strutting in the same spot (right behind the house) for 5 hours. I'm thinking there must have been a hen on a nest there. Today they are in the big hay field.

Thanks for the kind words and congrats....nope no mount this time but....I'd love to see your showroom sometime Huntress and send some business your way....I have so many fans and beards laying around..it's kinda a shame. This was a nice mature bird with 1 1/4 spurs..but a little weather beaten and less than perfect.

If you click on my photo bl4...Ross can see my 8N by the shed....hint, hint.... just kidding of course.

D&L...my Bear hunting for years has been just north of Roberts Lake area and been to lily lodge many times....are you in the south of highway W area ? I know those gravel roads well....nice area.

My bird is soaking in cold water after skinning...nothing wasted and will soak till tomorrow and then cut the breast in half and end up with 3 good meals...the legs and thighs make the 3rd.

bigz

Good job BigZ! DD is going out at the end of next week, I'll be sure to post pics if the does get something.

CS, what time are you coming up to Jims? If you want I could meet you someplace. There is a tour of the aquaponics facility in Oshkosh that I was thinking of going to at 3 PM, but I am not obligated to.

Burgers on the grill tonight. I love having homemade Whoppers.......

DD would like to know BigZ, how long the beard was. I am guessing about 8-8 1/2, she thinks 9. She is also guessing the bird was around 20-21 lbs.......

I'll let DH know about the tractor.
wink.png

Last edited:
Pig pictures! My husband had 2 days to build that shelter. I just came home and said, "I'm getting pigs on Sunday".

did you name them oreo and vanilla wafer ?

they are quite large already.. bring one to the bash and we can roast it..

I got the new part on the Blazer.. it idles better, but it doesn't hold the high rpm ..

next part will be a new computer ..

.......jiminwisc......

CS, if you leave at 7, that will get you to Wega by 10 (it usually takes me about 2 hrs 45 min to get home from Antioch). I know Jim is close to Wausau, and from my place it is about an hour and 15 min to get to Wausau. (Ross would like you to know it takes him 2 hours and 15 minutes to get home from Antioch
wink.png
).

You do realize once you get to Jim's. he will need to talk to you for a good 3 hours before you leave. Just so you are prepared. Good thing you are not meeting up with Frenchie too, you would have to stay over.
big_smile.png

If you want to stop in for coffee and stretch, LMK.

BigZ, what exactly is wrong with your tractor? ( I might have to send him off on a field trip....
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom