Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

@jvls1942 - Congratulations on finally getting rid of the last of the chickens. I can fully understand the appeal of not having to take care of a coop full of chickens when it is icy and cold out.

I got quite a surprise this morning when I went to feed the chickens and open the pop door. There was a dead RAT! under the pop door. The door is hinged on top and has a gap at the bottom so it doesn't drag through the poop when I open it. There are a couple of chickens that like to sleep on the platform in-front of the window, it varies on the number of birds that are there on any given night. Somehow, this little guy died halfway into the coop. No blood or torn skin; beady eyes staring blankly into space.

I have been having problems guessing how much feed the chickens will eat before they go to roost. Some days they eat it all, somedays they hardly touch it and it is still there in the morning. Gotta get a bulk feeder made I guess.

Brew Coop :welcome
we are so happy you found us :wee

I get to Curt and Jo's pretty often.
I am 8 miles from there toward Merrill.

my dogs are Maremma LGD.
I have 6 puppies left, 5 boys 1 girl.
how many do you want ?

I am being pestered by flies everywhere I go today. either the weather has them riled up or I might need a shower.:oops:

I sold the last of my chickens last night.
had the ad on craigs list all spring and summer.
Now wouldn't you know it ? today I had 5 replies for chickens..

I got my material list for the shed all ready to go to Menard's. only today it is raining, and I am planning on leaving the lumber on the truck when I get it home. I will try tomorrow.

It is going to be a small shed 12 ft x 7 ft.
I am thinking of putting 5 windows down one long side and 3 on one short end.
I am going to recycle the sashes from the windows we just replaced.
I will trim them all to be the same size and fit them between the studs.
One long side will be tight against the garage and the other short wall will be one large doorway with no door, for now..
You know me,,,pictures will follow..

we had a neighbor family who had a skunk for a pet. I didn't care much for it..
it just doesn't seem natural ..:eek:

......jiminwisc.......

Fish fry Friday once again. Setting up the outside cooker for deep fried Talapia and fries from fresh dug red potatoes.Would be nicer if the sun woulda shown it's face. My tomatoes could use a good dose of vitamin D.
Have Fun... bigz

Got my very first egg yesterday. It was from one of my white leghorns. Now if the other 8 would start laying all would be good.
My new coop started going up yesterday and it looks huge. I told the guy to get hardware cloth to put on the bottom so rodents couldn't chew through ... he got deer fencing...aaarrrggghhh

as long as you are paying him, make him take it back and get what YOU want.
I was a contractor for over 40 years.
I know there are guys out there who do things because it is easier for them, ta heck wit da customer.
If you don't like something now, just wait until it is all completed and you have to look at it every day for the rest of your life. It doesn't get any better..
fire his lazy arse and get someone else.
........jiminwisc.....

Packer Saturday to all! I know it's just pre season, but it's Packer football!
The fish and fries were perfection last night. I saved $50 not going out to eat last night...no crowds, no waiting, and the food was to die for...LOL

bigz

Back
Top Bottom