Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I am not a huge pickle fan, but those sound great. I especially like the onions.
when I buy creamed herring, by favorite part is the onions on crackers.
I can make a meal of herring and crackers.

I don't know why our puter is working tonight.

today I tore a circular saw apart and replaced the power cord. I cut 8ft off the business end off of an extension cord. much less expensive than the $28.oo they wanted for a power cord for that saw.
I can always put a #3.oo plug end back onto that cord.

Mel, we lived many years in a 90% completed house. gradually things got done.
all in their priority ..

we built this house, and did remodeling before we even finished it.

I would hate to thing of selling, and then do all the round tuits that need finishing, yet..

something more interesting always comes up.

.......jiminwisc.........

One of my dogs got at a chicken (22 week old pullet) this morning and tore the tail feathers out. Chicken was pretty freaked out and is now just sitting in one of the nest boxes in the coop resting. There were some drops of blood on her butt and a couple on her legs. What should I do about this? My own darn fault for not counting heads last night when I got home from work at 10:30pm.

One of my dogs got at a chicken (22 week old pullet) this morning and tore the tail feathers out. Chicken was pretty freaked out and is now just sitting in one of the nest boxes in the coop resting. There were some drops of blood on her butt and a couple on her legs. What should I do about this? My own darn fault for not counting heads last night when I got home from work at 10:30pm.

What should you do? Work with the dog to leave the chickens alone?

Kokosmom-at least your dog didn't kill the hen. One of our hens got too close to the dog's fence and 2 of my dogs got her through the fence. She didn't survive.
Our dogs are all labs and we've had them since pups, but the chickens just arrived this year so their bird dog instinct kicked in big time.
What we did was put the chicken run on the opposite side of the garage and made it bigger than they need. We wanted to free range, but realized that won't be possible with our dogs. We took the next best option we had.
Since then the dogs can't get at the chickens and we've had no more issues. We've only had the chickens 6 months though. We'll see what this winter brings.
I hope your hen is ok and you don't have to go through that again.
jean

I haven't been on here in a long time. But look at this beautiful buckeye picture I took today.
IMG_6367.JPG

Back
Top Bottom