Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Fish Fry Friday to everyone...good to hear your peeps are doing good cs. Nice to hear that you have enough to keep you busy when the weather finally improves...we still have prolly 10" of snow on the ground here....I spent 4 1/2 hours clearing snow from here and Camp this week....that's enough for me.
Come on Spring, I know you are out there somewhere!

bigz

It is hard to imagine that you still have so much snow. Yeah, I just put up fences and planted asparagus, and am starting to harden off my seedlings here.

where I plowed with the tractor the ground is bare, mostly..
I have to walk about 150 feet to the dog pen and it is not comfortable. still about 8 inches and a crusty top layer.
the next few days should take care of most of it.

as I type, Frankie is challenging a stray dog walking along the edge of our field.
lots of barking back and forth. for it's sake, I hope he doesn't try taking it up to the next level..
the puppy is no help at all, she is hiding behind the dehumidifier up against the wall as tight as she can get.. LOL
Brent, I think there is interest in a pizza cutter for the bash..
being the oldest member there, I think I should get it ..

.......jiminwisc.......

My dogs were barking last evening when I went out to close up the chickens and do evening chores. The 4-year old, 100 pound shepherd was up on the porch barking as back-up, while the 12-year old, 65 pound setter was out in the middle of the fenced yard raising heck about something. After I was done and went back in the house, they were still raising a fuss. DH got home about 20 minutes later and said there were 3 or 4 deer in the garden area. The garden area is about 15 feet from the dog fence with the driveway and a 8 foot tall overgrown hedge between the two. I think I need to get that garden fence finished this spring - if it ever comes.

We had 4 hen pheasant in our yard last month looking for food, this morning we had about 6 turkeys scratching through the snow. This morning two cottontails came running out of the guinnie coop when I went to feed them - their door is open 24/7 unless it is snowing and blowing.
The daylilies along the barn are about 3 inches tall. A couple look like the tops were bit off, maybe the deer were munching on them last night.
Lots of signs of spring out there, but the snow and cold is fooling me.

Nice to see some sunshine today! We are having trouble with the hungry raccoons that are looking for something to eat. I had a stale bag of corn chips here, so I dumped it out by the bird feeder hoping they will leave the feeder alone. It worked like a charm, but now what? I'm all out of stale fritos.... :he

bigz

well Brent, It looks like to me , you are going to have to go and buy a good supply of Fritos now that you have the coons spoiled..

I got a chair and sat and took the Craftsman lathe all apart. I cleaned, oiled and adjusted everything on it.
now all I have to do is find a motor for it.

it sure was nice to sit outside and not have to wear mittens or a hat.

......jiminwisc......

@jvls1942 Hope you are getting to enjoy today also. Maybe not quite as nice with the clouds, but better than it will be this weekend.
We have a friend from Colorado visiting this weekend, He left CO on Tuesday afternoon and it was 73 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom