Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Opossums are fairly calm until scared, then they hiss and look rabid!

It's a rainy day here today. Not complaining though, we need the rain. Just spent yesterday fertilizing so the rain is really welcome!

Chicks & Hens are mostly getting along, eating together somewhat, but have yet to roost together. All in good time.

Dr. Pol, love that show. Too bad there aren't more vets like him around here.
Pup has gained back some sight, we got all the test results back and the diagnosis has been reduced to an auto-immune response where "his body was rejecting his retinas" or something like that. Hopefully he maintains his sight as we slowly wean him off the steroids. Unfortunately, this is a condition that can re-occur at any time.
Still waiting for the asparagus to emerge. Rhubarb is almost ready to start picking.

keeping fingers crossed for the pup.
our rhubarb is coming up nicely. not close to picking, but a few warm days should perk it up.. our volunteer two trunk, two kinds of apples tree is dying. well, one trunk seems to be dead. the other is budding out nicely. I will cut the dead trunk down.. by rights, that tree should never have given us any apples. It is nestled smack dab between two huge pine trees.
the tree is almost fifty years old. It grew out of a discarded apple. for a few years we didn't know what it was. It had so many shoots growing in a clump, I thought it was a shrub of some kind. until one day Annie pointed out that it was apple. so I trimmed out all but two shoots. I figured on keeping just the strongest shoot.
never got around to cutting one off.
we never sprayed that tree. never had any bugs in the apples. most years it did bear lots of fruit. a couple of years the blossoms froze. (like last year).
I pruned it once or twice..and it looks like it..
......jiminwisc......

Sounds like a great apple tree!

I picked rhubarb today and made a raspberry rhubarb dessert for a church supper.
We've had two asparagus pickings so far this year but probably won't pick much more since it is a new bed started last spring.

Watch it buddy........... :smack :lol:

Annie switched days with someone, so she will be able to make it to the bash.
I think we will be there just for Saturday, though. I would like to sit around the fire pit, so maybe I can talk her into staying over Sat night and coming first thing Sunday AM. she has to work Sunday night..
see you then..

Back
Top Bottom