Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi all, just came back from breakfast with bro and our cousin. haven't seen her for a couple of years. had a real nice chat..
Bl4, i did some checking if you cut a black walnut tree down, the poison stays in the ground for a long time..
...jiminwisc.....

Thanks Jim, yeah I was aware of that..... which is why I want the cut ASAP.

Took the supers off the hive today! One has honey, the other not so much. They were put on too late.

Here is the honey!

One of the members of the club came over to check my bees. He was very happy with them and said they were quite healthy! They were doing so well, I could potentially split them next spring if they survive the winter. Found a mite so I am treating the hive. I do hope they make it through this winter.... they are still very active and finding pollen someplace so I have not needed to feed them.
68FA992C-C76D-46DB-B568-25355D24021A.jpeg
81531506-CF69-412A-9FCE-265C29CC7778.jpeg
5C06C7D0-2802-42F5-90B4-FD43707EF067.jpeg
AAD5692F-C195-4172-844D-D6BF78A78C10.jpeg
66E14397-E6B1-4E94-B10B-D8CE0CFE0C3F.jpeg

Very cool bl4!

I can't wait to get set up with bees. Maybe I'll see if someone else wants to set up their hives on our property for a few years first so I can learn more but still benefit from the pollinators.

we have a large bee man less than a mile from our place. I have been tempted to ask him for a hive. but I think I don't have enough flowering plants to sustain a hive.
our neighbor hauls semi loads of bees as far away as Texas..
I had a hive for one year. they died out the second year.. I have only a little knowledge of bees. that is probably why they died..
...jiminwisc..

I am preparing a couple of rows for transplanting some elderberry divisions.. I am going to plant them too close together. If they thrive, I will give the extra plants to anyone who wants to come and get some..
I am going to jerk out an extra plum tree after it goes dormant this fall. I will give it to anyone who wants to come get it..
It is growing at a slant. I don't want to mess around staking it.Anyway, it is in an awkward spot for mowing the grass.
it should transplant OK..
prepare a hole for it now and then come for it after our first hard frost.. otherwise I will toss it onto the burn pile. it is just a wild plum.
there were no bugs in the plums like so many have..
........jiminwisc.....

Back
Top Bottom