Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Jim, I've actually been looking into guard llamas. Apparently they're stellar, and since they eat the same and hang out with sheep 24/7 they're pretty easy to take care of.

Glad you got the tiller started! I feel like we're starting in on crunch time, then everyone can take a deep breath and enjoy the winter.

you go right ahead and enjoy winter. Me ? I am going to cuss at it until spring..

I knew someone in Wyoming who bought a guard llama for his sheep, he hated the "stupid" critter. Took it back to the woman who sold it to him, she talked him into trying a different one - said it was ornery like him and they would do good together - and she was right. He hated the first one because it was friendly and wanted to be pet every time he took care of the sheep, lol. The second one stayed away from him and did a good job protecting the sheep.

Yes! For one, they're just really weird looking and wolves and coyotes get weirded out, they'll chase them off. If it comes to an attack, they stomp on them. But primarily they're a warning system that lets you get out there too.

you go right ahead and enjoy winter. Me ? I am going to cuss at it until spring..

Oh, I get that. Winter makes my arthritis flare up, but there's just something about wood burning stoves, and the little bit of down time you get when you don't have to pull weeds. And cooking hearty meals and have it warm the house pleasantly instead of roasting you out. No mosquitos! I'm always just ready for the next season and am a big dork that takes delight in them all. :p

We were contemplating turning on the pellet stove the other night - it was down in the 40's, remember? However, we didn't have a bag of pellets in the house and it seemed like too much work to go out to the machine shed to get one. I broke out blankets instead, but I love the radiant heat we get from the pellet stove.
I guess we need to buy a pallet or 2 of pellets for the winter.

No hunting here yet for me...the skeets can have the woods for now...it would be a miserable time with them in your ears....
Did you take a bite of dripping honey with the comb bl4... I see that all the time on pbs, and it sure looks good!

bigz

No cut comb here. I scraped all the wax and comb off the frames into a crock pot. Warmed up the honey until the wax melted and then let it cool. Took the wax cap off this morning, and now the honey is sitting on a chair in the basement with a fan blowing on it towards the dehumidifier. I had a lot of uncapped honey which is too high in water and will cause the whole lot to ferment due to the high water content. I’ll post pic of the final product when it is complete.

I think Ellsworth cheese bought the place I used to work at.......

We have an owl hooting away in the woods. Probably a barred owl, it’s definitely not a great horned owl......

good morning,
we just got a call from our son's girl friend.
this morning someone went into where he works in Madison and started shooting.
He said he ran like HEII and got out OK.
that is all we know for now. waiting for another phone call.
He is in a restaurant ,
this one hit too close to home......
......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom