Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
First off....deep breathe!
hugs.gif
Purely Poultry is "local". I think you should be fine. But no promises.
hmm.png
There are risks when you mail chicks.

My babies are all doing good. They are poop-machines for sure!

Well Tyler (of Purely Poultry) is one if "us" and if you have any trouble it is likely that he will make good! I think most of the trouble comes when the chicks sit over the weekend somewhere or when it is zero degrees and folks order. You probably will have no trouble...like FM says, "take a deeeep breath!"
I will answer you Tomski--If you go to the website of the camp we are using for the bash it pretty much tells it all. I think you might find the link somewhere in the bash link in my siggy below. Otherwise Bigz knows all the particulars! I am sure he will chime in!
I reread my post from this morning and it should say CANT judge--guess I was in too big a hurry typing before work! We find out next Monday who the winner is.
THat roo I showed last night is STILL bleeding! I went out there and the fresh straw has blood on it. I checked him really close and I cant find where it is coming from! I was thinking a broken blood feather because I cant see any place that the skin is torn...I sure hope it stops before he bleeds to death! He was kinda out of it this morning so I hope he will be OK.
My button quail go into the incubator tomorrow...then it is a few short weeks and I should have some hatching action! I cant wait! Speaking of hatching--Yes Jim my eggs are all mixed breed eggs right now. I have some pairs eyed up for later when I can get separate coops built (so much more difficult and costly than paper coops!) and then I will have black austrolorps, cuckoo marans and RIR. Nothing special! They do lay good eggs though and that is what my primary interest is.
Dandelion acres--if your son wants to hatch Muskovies I am getting a bunch of eggs right now. Just say the word and they're yours!
Smells like dinner is getting close--then I have to go back to work.
th.gif
I attended the master gardener training today...very interesting information! Now if you call the Jefferson Extension you might get me! (we can always talk about chickens instead of plants!) LOL!
Terri O

Well hello my fellow Wisconsites!

I'm new to this thread, but I've been on BYC for about a year. I'm in Hudson (I know, practically a Minnesotan). We started raising chickens last year and just got a couple of new babies last weekend. We have 21 chickens right now and hope to have it whittled down to about 15 in the next few months. Those eggs in the incubator for DD's science fair project aren't going to help with our efforts to reduce numbers, though. sigh...

I'm married with 3 kids. I teach 8th grade English. (Don't worry, I leave my Grammar Police badge at work.
wink.png
)

My chickens like to have committee meetings. Our yard can get windy, and this swing has blown away, so the chickens formed the Backyard Swing Retention Committee:

50603_swing.jpg

These are the chairchickens of the Swing Set Inspection Committee:

50603_swingset.jpg

Finally, this pic was snapped just at the end of the Chicken Oversight Committee. I believe the topic was Treats: What Can Mom Do For YOU?

50603_picnic.jpg

frow.gif

Evening Good Folks.... You guys are the best... GhostRider, In regards to the chicks in the mail, I always talked to the mail location where they will arrive. I told them when the peeps are suppose to arrive and to call me no matter what time of day or night it was, and I'd be there to pick them up....it can save hours of time...and peace of mind! I've gone in the wee hours, and stayed up for hours....just a blast!
Good Luck for a healthy delivery!

Tomski... Terri was right on....and yep it's ok....if you can't camp, hope you stop and meet us all!
Plenty of places for whatever....
Good to hear the coop has walls!

Been busy today doing nothing.... Well almost nothing.....usual chores!

I have a date with the tax lady tomorrow. Maybe I'll get snowed in and have to wait to find out how much more Uncle Sam wants?

Later, and be safe out there... ~ bigzio

welcome-byc.gif
TLF... I just love your Light Brahmas. Welcome to the cheeseheads thread, and be sure to make the bash!
~ bigzio

Is anyone going to the Show and Swap in Fond du Lac on Saturday? Can anyone tell me what to expect? Will there likely be good quality young adult chickens for sale? It's my first swap
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'll be there as always, at this one you can find just about anything with feathers. fall had pheasants, pigeons, ducks, chickens (chicks), some in house birds, but no more hoofed animals, that leaves Rick out but he's doing an auction every month now, anyone know if Paul in Amherst is going to start his auctions up this year? He was sick last year almost died

Last edited:
Just a quick update!!

The salmon are running, the salmon are running! Me and DH are going fishing this weekend. Trout/Salmon fishing is my favorite!! Our friend just got off the river today with a 35" Chinook Salmon! Beautiful fish!
smile.png

Started my new job, looooving it. Drive sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? At least i'm getting paid and FINALLY off unemployment!!

Meaning to figure out and put in my seed order, but I have been putting it off due to work/school.

Getting fatter (more preggo) by the day, heres to hoping he stays in there until just past his due date! (if he can make it to May, I would be estatic!!)

Back
Top Bottom