Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Good morning! Pretty snowy here too--thought we were just supposed to have slush? Oh well...the snow IS prettier than mud! Gotta look for the silver lining somewhere! DrH--just thinking about hanging drywall makes my shoulders ache! I bet you will be a sore puppy tomorrow! Have to have L give you a shoulder massage. BL4--the cow-catcher idea made me laugh! I could just see your new Hybrid with one on the front! Everyone would know you were on a mission for sure!
Today I get to add the Button eggs to my bator and then all is set for hatching! I think I will candle the eggs in there to see what I can see--hopefully SOMETHING!
Today I am trying GF biscuits to have for desert as strawberry shortcake. GOt a good deal of the berries at the store yesterday. Also I bought 15# of chicken leg quarters...had some for dinner last night--baked with rice cereal coating-MMMM!
I ate after work at 9:30! I hate to do that; so bad to go to bed with a full tummy! That must be why I had to read until almost midnight. (insert yawning smiley here)
You all have a fantastic day! Careful out there! Terri O

Not much going on here this am except 3+ inches of white stuff-DH headed out to plow snow. Working on the 1st boil down of our maple sap- will probably put the 1st batch up later tonight when DH gets home- it always goes smoother when there are 2 of us working. Day 20 for the 5 Partridge Bantam Cochin eggs- nothing yet but the day is still young!(not super sure with this batch- just a feeling
fl.gif
).

Looks like we will have some extras of the chicks we hatch out: PM me if anyone is interested-they are all 4-H project birds.
Andalusian chicks: 2 splash cockeral, 1 black cockeral, 1 black pullet all 2 months old(hatched 1/1/2011
Welsummer chicks: 1 cockeral and 2 pullets ~1 month(hatched 2/14/2011)
Wheaten Ameraucana chicks: will have several once we figure out who is boy and who is girl- back feathers starting to fill in better now ~1 month(hatched 2/14/2011)

Our Turkey babies are doing good- funny to watch, we have 4 broad brested white and 4 broad brested bronze.

While looks like it's paper work for me today!

Have a good one!

Hi All, I am waiting for the snow to stop so I can plow.. In the meantime, I transferred 61 eggs into the hatcher.. I am waiting for the temp and Rh% to come back up.. then I am going to go out and fill the goose's swimming pool so they can take their daily baths..

Brent, I have not heard from Dave yet.. I might have to just take a drive to your place and get those eggs..eh?

.......jiminwisc.........

Quote:
H & R-
I would be interested in a Wheaten and a Welsummer, but can only buy pullets at this time. Are you willing to sell only pullets?
Let me know.

THANKS TONS
Carol

Sent you a PM
wink.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I dont get around to posting much on this forum but I do stop by and read whats goin on now and then. I have a question about the Beaver Dam swap and I cant find the answer anywhere. I have heard the the swap is Sunday March 20th starting at 6am. Is this correct and let me know if something is wrong. Also, I have been to swaps/shows before but never Beaver Dam. I have heard this is the biggest and best one around.

Quote:
Mar 20, sunday... 6 AM to 11 AM
Dodge county fairgrounds
Dan Schwandt 262 470 6708
$2 buyers $5 sellers

I have never been there, but I was thinking about going this year..

Last edited:
Quote:
Dodge county fairgrounds
$2 buyers $5 sellers

Hey Jim are you sure about the day I thought it was always on Saturday? I have went to beaver dam before and it usually is prety good. Always see something different or out of the ordinary.

Quote:
Dodge county fairgrounds
$2 buyers $5 sellers

Hey Jim are you sure about the day I thought it was always on Saturday? I have went to beaver dam before and it usually is prety good. Always see something different or out of the ordinary.

I got my information from Tiny at Limited Poultry & Pets. He lives near Beaver Dam and is a well known breeder.. I didn't double check the information, but you can call Dan and verify it.
Heck, I didn't bother to even verify f the 20th was on a Sunday..LOL

Quote:

I got my information from Tiny at Limited Poultry & Pets. He lives near Beaver Dam and is a well known breeder.. I didn't double check the information, but you can call Dan and verify it.
Heck, I didn't bother to even verify f the 20th was on a Sunday..LOL

I am looking at the flyer and it has Sunday March 20th 2011 from 6 am to 11 am on it. Hope this helps!

BTW we are at day 20 and 3 pips!
wee.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom