Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yes that is the swap that everyone THINKS is on Saturday and ends up going there 2x! I went last year and came home with a duck, a pigeon and some Ancona chicks. (they were all males except 1!) The swap was really huge and really cold! A lot of the sellers are outside along the fairgrounds road. Wear something warm! Terri O--off to make a pot roast!

Hey Terri Are you going?? Want some one to pay for part of the gas???!!!
HINT HINT!! I could meet you somewhere enroute like Johnson Creek outlet mall (or the truck stop)

Let me know!!
mmmmmmm chickens and stuff!!

yes, Beaver dam is on SUNDAY, always, spring and fall, if you showbirds then its sat and sun, took me 3 years to get it right. the only draw back is most of it is outside but its a good one. you can get more than just birds. I'm going.

Quote:
Well...I wasnt going to go...but now you have twisted my arm~
th.gif
uummmm--check your PMs!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Well I can go to either one.. I will call you tomorrow.
But it intrigues me that they have people who sell along side the roadway.. DROOOOLL!!!!
droolin.gif

On a side note... saw this incubator and thought some one might be interested... I would be but if I could get it.. I would be in serious trouble!!

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/2257033243.html
incubator (pardeeville)
Date: 2011-03-09, 8:35PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Lyon model #TX6 table top incubator
w/fan , 18-chicken egg ring ,&auto water fountain.
never used still in box .$50.00 or best offer
phone 608-212-1805

Well I am very sad tonight...I just candled a few eggs before I set my quail eggs. As usual I couldnt see a thing. There were two that looked very similar inside but one had a little peck hole in it. Another had a dark spot but a hairline crack. SO I opened both of them with defects...yup, the one with the pick hole had a beating heart and was feathering! DAM^!!! I dispatched it quickly but it was still sad. The one with the crack seemed like it was a quitter. The yolk was really runny, no blood and the baby was only a half inch long. I guess I have to go back and look at the candling pics again...no more for me this hatch! Terri O

Sounds like fun, will have to see what I'm doing that weekend. Looks like it's only 45 miles from here, due north.

Got peepers in the incubator, 4 Marans out so far, 16 of 18 developed.

Here are some from the last 2 batches:

Splash Cuckoo Cockerel hatched at New Years:

SplashCuckooMarans.jpg

I think he's handsome. He's going to go out and replace the boys from last year when he's old enough.

3 Cuckoo Marans from my last batch, looks like the gold gene is indeed floating around in those roosters:
(They can stand up, they were just afraid of their pedestal, at least long enough to let me get a picture out of their pen.

GoldCuckooMarans.jpg

CuckooMarans1.jpg

CuckooMarans2.jpg

And another from the New Years Hatch, a black copper Marans from a coule thrown in eggs with a silkie order I had made.

BlackCopperMarans.jpg

I think her pattern is quite interesting, even if it isn't correct.

Back
Top Bottom