Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Pleasent Afternoon All.... What a nice day today. Had a call from my friend in illinios today. He said that there is no snow on the ground and the flowers are coming up...
ep.gif
yep we had 5 inches yesterday and I'm glad it's on the melt!

Jim, i think you should name your friendly hen, and have her help with chores...you can talk to your help even if it's just support! Maybe Lucky, or Baby, or Honey, would fit? I think Sweety is nice?
Suzie names quite a few here....we have alot of pets...henny, clicky, droopy, scary, momma, to name a few....
gig.gif
just keep her around a while....bet you call her something already
idunno.gif

Congrats with the hatches, and thanks for the pics.... I sent for a brinsea catalog...just loooking!

Make er a good one, eh! Stay Safe... ~ bigzio

I don't know if I could name her.....of course there's always the chance you would have "Sweetie" chicken Noodle soup,
gig.gif

Hens are loving the warm weather, as are the chicks in the brooder. Had a couple of curious hens checking them out today....goofy birds.

We only had 2 inches of snow, didn't start till 6:30 or so and was gone by 2:00 in the afternoon. Now, it has almost all melted again, too bad
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Sparks....reel yourself in, LOL...Chickens are a disease, but a very fun one at that....LOL (This from the guy with way too many chicks in the brooder)

Be good all

Quote:
Aww, congrats. My boys are only 16 months apart and I love it! Always wanted twins, so this was the closest I was able to come.
lol.png

Quote:
I have never seen a Brinsea bator.. they sound like they might be pretty dependable.. with all the bators I have, still want to build another one.. I built one a couple of years ago, but I had trouble with the doors.. they warped and I had a h3!! of a time holding temp or Rh%.. I still have it, but I removed the guts and used them in a brooder.. how did you get your catalog?

I will sort of let the chicken name herself.. that is how things get named around here.. the goose: Baby Huey was HUGE right out of the egg.. Mrs Huey, (his mate)..The Other Goose,(the one who is not Huey).. Little Lady, the first friendly red star.
Jenny the sow pig, named after Jenny who gave her to us as a just weaned piglet.. and so it goes..

Today the friendly chicken landed on Annie's shoulder for the first time.. Annie is "old farm" where animals are animals.. But I think she was a bit thrilled anyhow, or else she would not have mentioned it.. LOL

I told Annie that one of the geese was about to lay an egg.. It was not long afterwards that Annie brought me a still-wet goose egg.. it is in the bator, due 4,10.. #3

Quote:
many moons ago when my kids were in grade school, we butchered two steer, Chunky and Pokey.. One Sunday my sister and her 6 kids were here for dinner .. (she is strictly a city girl). as we were passing the food, Barby, my oldest girl, 10 years old said, who are we eating today, Chunky or Pokey? That was the end of the meal for my sister.., ROTFL for that meal she was a vegan...

Here's what I was playing with today:
46457_img_0030.jpg

Yup--chick tv! THought I'd better get it going and see what kind of bulb I would need in there to keep it warm enough. I am starting with a 100W just to see. It's been in there about a half hour and it's already T 103* right under the lamp. I have 3 vents that I can take out on the top and the light is fully adjustable too. Might have to go down to a 75.
I also started my back room. Moved the parrots and finches to the North window for the coming spring. I needed the room to put their nest box on the cage. I am a little behind on that already this year...

Welcome to the newcomers! I am just beat and I dont think I can type another thing...oh yeah, thanks for your support on the mini coop contest! Guess who won? Terri O--*blushing!*

OMG Terri you won
woot.gif
woot.gif
way to go !

I live in Denmark and would love to have a few EE and RIR pullets if any of you are selling chicks. I can drive an hour to pick them up.
bow.gif

Jim for sure name that little lover. She wants to be a family member and secure her place in your hearts.
love.gif

Day off today and spent it in Menasha cleaning Moms house with my sister. It was fun and then we went to lunch with Mom
hugs.gif
She is 81 and spends most of her time with Dad in the nursing home so it's the little things we can do for her
hugs.gif

The snow can't melt to fast for me either.

Guess we should all own mopeds with the gas $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hot choc. for me tonight
caf.gif
Have a great evening. Susie

Congrats Terri ..... you're the Best!
I got to thinkin that Nemo is a a lost sole too!
That makes for a trifecta...just sayin.
Hoping everyone is fine!
~ bigzio

gave mom a good glass of wine, that made her sleepy so I could put her to bed. the next glassful will be mine. LOL

Brent, I did order a Brinsea catalog..

Susie, how did your sister like you cleaning your mom's house with her? next time try using a vaccuum cleaner and a mop..

congrats TO on your win.. Now do you get a full sized coop for a prize? cooool...

Annie said that I should have built a really big coop for all the birds.. I think if I pushed it a little, she would still let me do it.

I am thinking really hard of where I would put it.. It will have plenty of electric and running water and insulation.. and at least one overhead door so I could drive my tractor right inside and scrape the floor clean with the bucket..

Back
Top Bottom