Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
I got a White Call Duck drake there last year, and named him "Sunday".
big_smile.png

Anyways, I have a few pictures I thought I'd share.
smile.png

First 2 eggs from these two are cooking in the 'bator now! And I'm already collecting more!
big_smile.png

I've got 2 eggs from these two in the 'bator too, to test fertility...

And some of the other Cochins...

Last edited by a moderator:
good morning, waiting for the coffee to get done.

suddenly my hatcher dropped to 97F.. Hmmm ? I am going to leave it be.. I candle some eggs randomly last night from in there.. two of the banties are clear.. quite a few of the dark shelled ones look pretty good. and the americauna ones look good..

was it here or on my other group where I said that the warmer the bator the humidity went down? somebody replied that didn't make sense because warmer air holds moisture better.. That is true, BUT the incubator has to work harder to make the air warmer.... so it only appears that the humidity drops as the bator warms up..

I don't have any early pips yet.. that is good..

Good Nearly Spring Morning All! Wasn't going to address any posts but gotta say CONGRATS TO!!!!! I guess I forgot about Nemo but after reading it I remembered, been a long time. WHERE'S NEMO? Nice looking birds Annarie! Jim that sounds like a perfect coop almost sounds like a barn.
lol.png
I know some people that raised a pig in their house until it started scratching on the 200 gal. aquarium then it was "Piggy Dale" for supper. Susie J good job on helping your Mom! The other day I cut a piece of drywall for the ceiling above the new shower and discovered that they used 3/8" on the ceiling and 1/2" on the walls. There's that look of surprise on my face again. Have to go buy a full sheet for a 7" X 47 1/2 piece. Gotta go L's Gdaughter is coming for the weekend and I have to get the place 6 yr old proof. Wish me luck. She's excited to see the chickens. Enjoy the sunshine!

Morning, have sun here already and it looks to be a nice day!

Well we ended up with just 2 Partridge Bantam Cochin chicks this time, the other 3 stopped developing at some point after/around day 14. They are tiny compared to the other 2 we hatched out earlier.

Thanks for the laugh this morning Jim!
gig.gif

I got a real screw up for ya, last week I went to candle eggs, my mahogany faverolles, the shed (kept at 50 degrees)the 'bator is in is so bright i need to bring the eggs in to candle, pulled the tray, it also had 20 gold neck booted, took the MF in the house and left the booted on the top of the 'bator. when i come back i would candle the booted, I found out the MF where all clear, then totally forgot about the booted.
barnie.gif
went back in the shed about 12 hour latter, couldn't belive what i did, candled the booted 6 clear, 2 red ring (very early) 12 dark, good? put the good ones in the hatching tray, why not
hu.gif
, hatch day was mon, nothing, tue nothing, wed a pip WOW I'll get at least one, wed night 5 hatched 2 pipping, thur 2 more hatched 2 more pipping, thur night total of 10 one more pipping fri morn, total of 11 healthy chicks... WOW its a great hatch.

now off to get an almost new GQF for $325 in fremont its a good day
wee.gif

Last edited:
Hey Bcc--what's a GQF? I keep thinking I should know? I have to leave to cook...this will be short
lau.gif
I should would love to be able to drive our loader into the coop to shovel it out! See, If I had that pull out drawer that I put on my paper coop all would be well. I guess I would need a pretty powerful vehicle to have that drawer on a full sized though! I would settle for a door that I could get the barrow in! I didnt think about that when I framed in that coop...of course I wasnt thinking that I would have 80 birds in there either!
DrH--a 6 year old is easy! They already know the word NO! Just use it....
hide.gif

Annarie your cochins are fantastic looking! I wish I didnt have so much mess here...I think I could get into having that kind!
I must have missed the whole "Nemo" thing...I thought my brain fade was getting better...
Jim--that humidity thing makes sense (yes you did post it on here) but then when I think about it too hard it makes my brain hurt! I will have to ask you guys about the egg cooker. Later when I have time--it has something to do with stam and the amount of eggs--that makes my head hurt too!
Gotta run--getting exited for the swap! Looks like three of your favorite "Southern belles" are getting together to attend!!! BL4--are you going? I could take those calls at that time if you are!
Later--fantastic day everyone! TerriO

hey TO I was wondering what the prize is that you get too?!
and also the GQF?
later, DH come home today
ya.gif
and he's only been gone since Monday. I would so suck at having him gone longer.
wink.png

ETA
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
BCC on the hatch after your flub!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
$325.oo for a GQF great !! who asked what a GQF as? It is a 288 egg incubator.. auto turner..

after you get it home PM me and I will show you how to increase the capacity to 480 eggs..

Back
Top Bottom