Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

so far the feathers haven't been a problem we've only had a couple snows i provide them with lots of perching areas they loved it when it snowed though funny enough they tried to dust bathe in it XD

Welcome to the Cheeseheads Fn. If you have any feed mills near by, check them out for fresh ground chicken feed...if they have a good mix, then local folks use it and it's always fresh and usually higher in protein than commercial stuff, and also lower in cost.
FFF here is baked haddock with oven Cajun fries and fresh ho-made cole slaw....still hunting, so the supper is usually late....I'm ready for some deep fried fish and fries...this baked stuff is getting old...

bigz

Yep Sunnyside it is. they also take orders in the spring for fall delivery of pol hens..
there is a guy who lives just west of the church as you enter the up.
haven't heard from him in awhile. but he had nice chickens. we called him Ski ..
I had his address, but have not been up there for a couple of years..
Brent, do you remember his name ?
FnW,, how many chickens are you planning on having ?
I have a dandy brooder hood . I would like to sell it.. I am not raising any chickens any more..
I have lots of feeders waterers cages and such..
it was announced today that we are going to Wanda's for Thanksgiving buffet. the kids think it is a good idea. so far we have nine people interested.. ham, turkey, beef tips and shrimp. plus all the trimmings and pumpkin bars and pudding ..
.......jiminwisc.....

@jvls1942

thats a loaded question lol, next year maybe a dozen or so more. plan on expanding the chickens every year. so life will determine the speed of expansion thus total # of birds.

Jim, I remember we called him Tomski, but can't remember his full name.... he was from Menominee Mich
He was a good guy and we miss him here and at Camp.

bigz

The DH went for an upgrade.....
6CBB6B8D-964E-41E1-93DF-B9B121942919.jpeg

BL4, that is exactly like the one we bought this summer.. you will love it..
the mower deck is a sob to take off and put on.
i made ramps to get under it to take the blades off with an impact driver..
yesterday I found a very good tutorial for the gas lines and vacuum lines on the scooter
now I understand where they go and why ..
....jiminwisc......

Planted 160 daffodils this morning..... and got our new flag pole base planted. Now just need to wait for the cement to cure before installing the rest of the pole.

Off to warmer weather this week...... I will not enjoy returning to a high of 35*.......

Back
Top Bottom