Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

fnweirdo, i am trying to locate tomski in menominee. he might have some interesting chickens ..
are you close to menominee ?
today I have the charger on the scooter battery. It is a new battery, but I wore it down..
to wet and nasty to do anything more outside
guess I will tune in a football game to tide me over until the Pack comes on at 7PM.
.....jiminwisc.......

I wonder who paid the most for the same tractor? forget how much you paid Jim...you two want to share your cost, just for the fun of it....Ross shoulda got it on a season close out sale I'm thinkin.
GO PACK... :fl

bigz

I truly am not sure what we paid, I will ask Annie when I talk to her later ..
I am thinking $1400.oo ??
I chose the 40" cut because I have to fit it between the trees. as it is, there are a few that it does not fit between..
got the battery up to 91% charged. took the charger off because I didn't want to go back out again ..
.....jiminwisc......

Jim, I bought a " Battery Tender " from fleet farm. One of the guys at Camp donated one for our equipment. Once I seen how it works, I bought one for myself....you plug it in and attach the cables and it keeps the battery charged and shuts off when charged and kicks back in if the cold weather is sucking juice out....it has a greenlight when charged and a red light when charging.....the snowblower was always fully charged....I paid around $20 for it and it's worth every penny.

bigz

Hey all, we're getting settled in here--it's an old house! We're doing a lot of wall and floor scrubbing, and mousetrap setting, and everywhere you turn around there's a few steps extra to take to get something done. We've been here four days and have already fixed two light fixtures, a light switch, cleaned the main drain all the way down through the basement, and said 'wait--really?!' and thrown our hands up more times than we can count. :lol: But things are coming along. Most of the windows are pretty new, which makes me happy. When you have a house from 1895 it's good to have decent windows.

The woman we're renting from had mentioned 60-80 chickens (there are Black Australorp, Dorking, Ancona, Gold Star, and Araucana) but I think there are maybe half that. There is no secure predator proofing on the runs at all (even the pop doors don't close right now) and I have a feeling they lost several birds. At the very least, Dash came trotting out of the weeds with a half rotten chicken wing the other day. :sick If anyone is interested in chicks next spring from certain lines we're going to work on figuring out genetics this winter, and I'm happy to do some bartering/selling.

There are also thirty turkeys--which is way too many turkeys in my mind. If anyone wants to come pick up a live turkey and process it yourself for Thanksgiving I'll totally sell ya one. Most of them were spring hatches.

We have a lot of work to do for sure! But I'm loving it, really. Especially the part of the day where I get to sit down. *grin*

The treadle? I’ll have to open it up and look..... I have not used it in ages. I know for certain it is not a Singer.

DH is not saying what he paid...... and he is sleeping at the moment.

Remind me again in a week.

** The machine is a Standard**

Last edited:
good morning, Annie said we paid $1500.oo for the 42" mower..
I checked Amazon for the one BL4 has,
It is listed at $2279.80.. it has a 22 HP motor
twin V.
mine is smaller all around..
I have 3 items with small batteries in them,
could I connect them in series and run them all with one trickle charger ?
I think if I just put them away with a full charge, they will be ready to go in the spring.
it worked last year, when I had just one battery..
Oh keedoke , moving into any house has it's touch ups to do.. trouble is, there is always one more thing to do.. it never ends.
we rented a house in the middle of a wild field in Rochester , Minn. in the fall the mice started moving in. there was a small hole where they removed a gas line to the kitchen
the mice found it. I set a trap and caught one right away. then I reset the trap. that night we averaged one mouse every 15 minutes.
I plugged the hole the next morning..
that trap was snapping so fast it sounded like popcorn.. LOL
we caught 4 so far this fall..
....jiminwisc.......

Good to hear everything is going good kee….ah life in the country, the work never ends....but ya it beats the city life for sure.
Thanks bl4 for checking...Suzie has a singer and a new home...I guess there are a lot of different makes out there. I thought for sure you controlled the check book.
I wonder what the Pack is going to do with all those wins?

bigz

Back
Top Bottom