Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

20200813_074204[1].jpg
20200813_074154[1].jpg
20200813_074159[1].jpg

IMHO: the only way to grow peppers. and these are not self watering pots. but next year they will be..and lots more of them..
these are 3 gallon buckets.
.....jiminwaUSAu.......

@jvls1942 Those pepper plants look nice and healthy. Place the buckets on a piece of landscape fabric, plastic or a good bed of mulch and no weed-wacking needed either.

DH and I have talked about gradually doing a lot of raised beds. Build them right and we can throw a hoop house over them in fall to extend the season, or in spring to start planting sooner.

I just finished eating a big balogna sandwich.
had miracle whip on both pieces of bread and the meat kept wanting to slip out of the bread.
But overcame and conquered..
Wyo, good idea about the fabric . but the way I got into this tomato mess gave me no time to prepare. It was pot and get them out into a row.
I have the starter off of Ollie again. It seems to be working with a bench test. but the teeth in line with the access hole are chipped. Not too badly, but how much is too much ??
I had looked into hoop houses once. It looks like a good way to go.
The ones I liked were more like row covers. could be adapted to raised beds very easily.
PVC half hoops tucked into PVC receivers . easy to set up, easy to take down..
.....jiminwaUSAu.......
.....jiminwaUSAu...

That's what I was looking at, the PVC hoops. We would attach holders to the raised beds permanently, then add or remove the hoops as needed.
Our first attempt will be for the raised bed with the blue berry bushes, so we can put plastic deer fence over them to keep the birds out. We planted the bushes this summer and they produced about 12 berries; the dang birds got 8 of them. Probably the same deal for the cranberry bed when I get it done...

what you have to do is plant so damned many that the birds can't possibly eat them all..LOL
Yup , 1/2" pvc with 3/4" pockets.
I also had a plan for making ''clothes pins'' for clamping the vinyl to the pvc. have to look for those again...
I just might have my tractor starter problem figured out.. will know more by Monday..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

I was planning on PVC pipe for the hoops, DH is thinking that Electric Conduit would be longer lasting.
There is even a company making "construction" fittings for PVC. They make a lot of different fittings for making things out of PVC, since that has become a fad now. People make chairs, hoop houses, dog hurdles, games, and so much more. They make a 5 hole fitting that will allow 4 pipes to join on a single plane and a 5th pipe that would be a support that goes to the ground, and stuff like that.

Hope you are right on the tractor.

yeah, I saw some of those fittings on the internet. they were for 1 1/2'' pipe.
maybe now they have some for small dia pipe ??
The electrical conduit would work if you have access to a roller former.
I guess you could make a wooden form to bend them around, too..
I made some roof supports for chicken wire out of thin wall 1'' pvc. they lasted for over 7 years. they are still out there..
......jiminwaUSAu........

I’ve got a meatie that will not put weight on its feet. Eating and drinking just fine, just not walking. I did an Epsom salt soak to clean it up and check it’s feet. It looks like the foot bottom is a little cracked? So we have it in the house for now...... I don’t want to give up on it if it is something easily fixed.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Yeah it’s just not quite big enough.....

One leg joint is swollen, so not a bird I would consider eating. Thought maybe vitamin deficiency so been giving extra B and Selenium. It is still hanging in there. Will give it a day or two and see.

It’s living in Patrick’s bedroom anyway..... 🤣

Back
Top Bottom