Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Anybody know of a reason why my black cochin and my black cochin/ australorp mix both now have no feathers on their throats? are the others doing it?

Anybody know of a reason why my black cochin and my black cochin/ australorp mix both now have no feathers on their throats? are the others doing it?

Probably they are being plucked by other hens. Same thing happens to my EE's, Ameraucanas, and Faverolle. Don't know why they do this.

Are chickens allowed in Sun Prairie? If so, are there any requirements (license, number of chickens, distance from neighbors)?

BBP, Flocks is right. Nothing like a little media motivation! I would contact EVERY available news media outlet, both through emails, online on FB, phone calls, etc.... send the pics of the conditions of the horses. I would go out of district too, there are some certain media personalities who would make this individual's life a living h*** , along with the lame police department. I have run up against this kind of thing before and it really ticks me off that the police do nothing.... One other thing; the lady with the dogs, why are you friends with her on FB if she is so disturbing to you? If what you speak is the truth then you should not be fearful of what you have written. People who cause such stress in life should be eliminated from your circle, you have better things to do then stew about this person. Jim, glad to see you are ok, DH is impressed with your peafowl pen! I cannot remember who wanted the privacy fence, but I thought we were talking something that would get 6 ft tall..... some of those bushes will take a while to get that big.... perhaps a row of blackberries or another type of berry? Nice thorns to keep out the riff-raff and keep the chooks in....
wink.png
Believe me I have made steps to get this drama queen out of my life. Its kind of a strange situation. She is the younger half sister of my best friend from high school. And she may be my cousin. I just need to delete her totally from my life. I got more info on the horse situation. Turns out I was talking to a lawyer I know the other day about this same property! The guy that died had a couple parcels of land and now people are claiming rights to it. The 28 horses belong to the girlfriend who was evicted from the property and apparently she has a week to get them out of there. Another person stopped there today and said there are a couple of dead horses near the hay that's left. And there's a bull out there with them so its not even possible to get close to the horses. This weather had me so depressed. I'm going to book a trip for a coupe of weeks from now. I need a break from this gloom.

Last edited:
I agree with the media attention on the horse story... Need to rally the troops so to say. I've seen some really skinny horses, and hate to think of how little they get to eat before they actually starve... Heartbreaking.
I've tried blueberries three times (always stay green, but never berries). Replanted last year for one more try with more acid.
I've got a hen that loves to pick neck feathers for some reason too.

What a lot of posts to read through! The horse situation makes me ill. I have 4 and it costs a mint to feed them. I will say though, some horses do have a lean build. I am not talking starving but they are supposed to have a bit of rib showing. I had someone anonymous call about my horses one spring a while back. The sheriff came out and took a look. I called the animals up to the fence (they all come running) he said he didnt see anything wrong here. Yes they do have mud to stand in in the spring...but that is where they choose to stand. They always have water and get fed 2xday. But they are still ribby...well the ones that are supposed to be are...the rest are perfect. (except one...he is fat according to the vet!) Not trying to prove anything here...and obviously if there are dead horses there are problems....well, I guess I dont know what my point was in this whole diatribe...maybe just that sometimes things are not what they seem.

Dh was just in here...I can tell he is working outside on cars cause he is crabby...guess I should feed the dogs. He pointed out that they were not fed yet and the I should feed them...Cripes!

Later folks...I think I will have a cocktail! (or two) Tommy???? Wanna come out of your cage and share my drink? (that is just for you Vicky!
lau.gif
)
TerriO
(PS) Jim I am glad that you are still with us! Good job on the scare!

Just got done shoveling 3 inches of snow, now it is raining. Hopefully the rain will stay and the snow will stay away. Getting excited to pick up my chicks tomorrow. Have a nice night everyone

Back
Top Bottom