Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Holy Cow! I miss three days of lurking and have 169 posts to catch up on!

Had a taste of Spring up here in 'da UP. I even hung my bed linen and T-shirts on the line! Love crawling into a bed fresh with sheets dried outside on the line - only one thing could have made it better.... LOL

Looking forward to the bash - I think I'll fill my Nesco with some Home grown Pork, Sauerkraut and dumplings for the people who are there Friday night... Easy Peasy and very little mess in the kitchen so Terri can have at least one day off playing Drill Sergeant of the Kitchen...
wink.png

I'll bring some extra fencing that I have laying around so that any little critters that people bring will have a place to "hang out" instead of stinking up that back room!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Sunday!

Good morning all!
Frenchie, hope yoir hands feel better qu ick! I so enjoy your ramblings. ;-)
Maybe you could teach a chicken to do your typing!

Colton, nice roos. We have just 1 to 11 hens. He has some of their heads bald! And hes smaller than them. I think roos are so pretty! Id have 10 if I knew they wouldnt constantly fight n be so hard on the girls!

Cind, can you beleive they let me take that home from the railcars at work!!!!! Its kinda a pain to lug aroind hide and wait for hubby to get a day to run the truck to town... but he biildse so much out of it! And heats the workshop!

Frenchie, ill bite. Not serious enough for a pm tho... whats the pup like? Why is he leaving his fam? Pics? Aawww man hubby would be soooo q! $ t if he even knew I asked ;-) good with kids, cats, doga, chickens. Is he a ru nner? Were installing a 3ft fence aroind the property if spring ever comes! Does he have manners enough to stay inside that?...
Im stopping now
..like I said, not that serious.

Big fam, hows therapy going for your son?

good Morning,

It is snowing again, I so want to get out and reseed the outside run before the chicks get too big. Looks like another week at least
Have a good day

Quote: I hear ya on the not much fun comment JJ !!! Makes one realize how we take our bodies for granted until something happens !!

Actually the left hand (burnt one) is feeling pretty good this morning. Tender to the touch but otherwise it's not bubbling up or anything !!
yippiechickie.gif
If it was going to blister I would think it would have done so by this morning hey?
Now the right hand on the other hand (pun intended) with the paper like cuts on the little and second to little fingers hurts like h3ll. They like to stay curled but when I open my hand the cuts open and really hurts.
sad.png
I'm sure I'll be in good shape (hands that is) for my volunteer day on Tuesday.

Don't you add milk to your frosting JJ? Either way that sounds like a good ho made cure !!! Thanks for sharing Cindlady, remind me next time I need it if I forget ok !!!
Where are all of the early birds this morning ???

Holy Cow! I miss three days of lurking and have 169 posts to catch up on! Had a taste of Spring up here in 'da UP. I even hung my bed linen and T-shirts on the line! Love crawling into a bed fresh with sheets dried outside on the line - only one thing could have made it better.... LOL Looking forward to the bash - I think I'll fill my Nesco with some Home grown Pork, Sauerkraut and dumplings for the people who are there Friday night... Easy Peasy and very little mess in the kitchen so Terri can have at least one day off playing Drill Sergeant of the Kitchen...
wink.png
I'll bring some extra fencing that I have laying around so that any little critters that people bring will have a place to "hang out" instead of stinking up that back room! Tom-how many kiddos will your outdoor fencing hold? I have 3 and at 12, 10, & 9 they are pretty tall. Will your fence be tall enough and strong enough? I might jyst opt to lock them in the back room anyways! :-D Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Sunday!

Made homemade buttermilk pancakes, homemade breakfast sausage, bacon, and coffee this morning for the kiddos. We had a few blueberry pancakes too, the youngest DS loves blueberries!

Flurries here, apparently my BIL in La Crosse has quite a bit of snow, the ground is covered there.

I am so annoyed, I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks and my dang fingernails are so weak from constant washing and exposure to chemicals that they keep breaking off!!!! I have three fingernails super glued right now.... I think I need to go get some wrap material just to hold them in place until after the wedding...... after that I can cut them off and not care.

Oldest DD has some art in the local art show so I have to head out to that today.... and of course I have to check out the local auction..... might find a good White Elephant over there....

Later!

Sandi, yes, your eggs are cookin'.
big_smile.png
Glad your one hand is better. Hope the other one does soon too.

Mmmmm! Tom, that pork & dumplings sounds super yummy! DH will be in heaven for sure. He also wants to know what songs you know on the guitar so he can practice a bit. He is bringing his acoustic bass.
smile.png
Good idea on the fencing, at least for during the daytime. But admit it. You really want to see Terri waving her butcher knife around at the kids again, don't ya?
lau.gif
Hmmm..... maybe using the fencing for the kids isn't a bad idea after all, cs.
gig.gif
I sure hope we have good weather.
fl.gif
No more S***!!!!!
tongue.gif

Bigz, ya ready to go racin'?

I hear ya on the not much fun comment JJ !!! Makes one realize how we take our bodies for granted until something happens !!

Actually the left hand (burnt one) is feeling pretty good this morning. Tender to the touch but otherwise it's not bubbling up or anything !!
yippiechickie.gif
If it was going to blister I would think it would have done so by this morning hey?
Now the right hand on the other hand (pun intended) with the paper like cuts on the little and second to little fingers hurts like h3ll. They like to stay curled but when I open my hand the cuts open and really hurts.
sad.png
I'm sure I'll be in good shape (hands that is) for my volunteer day on Tuesday.

Don't you add milk to your frosting JJ? Either way that sounds like a good ho made cure !!! Thanks for sharing Cindlady, remind me next time I need it if I forget ok !!!
Where are all of the early birds this morning ???
royal frosting is egg whites and powdered sugar, but when cinlady mentioned honey I thought that sounds yummy too.

as far as the hook. I tell people when you get dressed tomorrow, try tying your shoes with one hand in your pocket, and then imagine how many other things we take for granted that are made for 2 hands to do.

and then there's the having to explain to every single person you meet why you have one hand. My son is 6 and is growing tired of that one already.

Better they ask and not assume as some have.

Back
Top Bottom