Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yesterday and today DH rented a mini excavator for a bunch of tasks around the property, including not one, but 2 little duck ponds for me! We put one near the chicken coops, about 15' across and 4' deep. Then another about half that size on the other side of our lot near the pond, for a future orchard/waterfowl paddock area. He and his dad spent about 10 hours pulling stumps in the woods. Pretty beat here, and tomorrow I want to get most of the garden in. No rest for the weary, eh?

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY and many many THANKS TO OUR VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very ambitious project! Can't wait to see pictures!!

TO, Julie would like a couple of the white turkeys (those would be royal palms or RP mixes?) Please and thank you!

Irish, they don't look like much right now, pretty torn up and messy. And not really any water in them either! I'll go snap a few pics for posterity.

Last edited:
Hi all!

Just posting an update on what I have left for sale.

All the two month olds just left together along with the pair of cochins.

Sill have the 3 Cream Legbar one month olds, 3 blue/black Ameraucanas, pair of one year old Swedish Flower Hens and 3 blue Orpington roosters that are 5 months old.

Sold all the incubators and both the coops have deposits on them.

Will be posting a large cage I used for a brooder. It was originally an indoor rabbit cage. Works great for brooding.

Also have many chick feeder/water bases.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/3827181299.html

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/3827192916.html

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/3827201571.html

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/3827209695.html

Last edited:
Good morning all!
BBp- sorry to hear about the hawk
Dr.Haha- fishing sounds so great right now. Can't wait to get out there
PsychoPeep- I would not recommend a staggered hatch if you only have one incubator. I had several issues with humidity etc, and the hatch was ruined. Then again- I am definitely no exptert in that field. Delisha, or Jim would be able to help you in that dept.

Nieces graduation went great, and I spent the evening at my parents house with my kids and DH, my brother, sisters, inlaws and all the little ones having a campfire. Haven't had a smore or a hot dog over the fire in forever. My dad even broke out his accordian and played for us for about an hour. He used to play for the Syl Groeschel Polka Band, and plays everything by memory. Nothing better for us than a campfire and polka music. One of those things that will always be stuck in my mind.
love.gif
I gave it a try but I had to quit because they were afraid the neighbors would start calling. Plus the dog was howling...
Anyway- went to Menards and got stuff to fence off the garden. I will take a pic after I get it all done and see what you all think. This better work!
Enjoy the day everyone

Welcome back colton..and thanks mel! lol

I did the annual first eprinex treatment sat...8 hrs shopping yesterday...and finishing coop cleaning today. sat. took 13 wheelbarrows out of coop...not even half done. hoping to finish before rain comes at 3.

anyone have weather forecast for nextweekend bash?

good morning,, back from town.. had free coffee for vets.. didn't know about it before I got there.. but it was a nice gesture..

have 3 keets hatched.. they are not "popping" like I like them to do.. Now I am getting a bit nervous about these eggs.. today is day 28 ..

neighbor planted corn after dark last night,, IDK how he does it .. I have trouble doing it in the daylight..

waiting for a call from nephew.. I would like him to help level the dirt in the GH.. I am not going to wait for him.. will go start by myself..

I am trying to run the Blazer out of gas to try to suck all the water out of the tank.. I swear,, that last half gallon of gas is giving me 120 MPG.. I drove on "Empty" for the last two days.. I have the car parked and idling.. I will let it idle all day if that is what it will take..

.......jimgoingouttoshoveldirt.........

Back
Top Bottom