Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

Angi... Glad to here the "girls" are improving. Hope you did dodge the bullet!

CC... Sounds like you've been real busy.

Sounds like a pretty quiet day for most of you, too busy to get on here for the rest.

Mom and the kids are hunkered down in the garden.
Good news about my phone... after 2 days "soaking" in rice, it seems to be OK I did kinda want a new phone, but glad I don't have to spend the money!

Night All!

Ah. the power of the Burger King Wifi!

Congrats on the baby turkeys being hatched!
I was sick yesterday, (probable food poisoning thanks to a resturant and its cheap pancakes), DH had it too, so it wasn't just me.
My day off today consists of helping a friend get online to fill out an app for where I work, getting gas for the mower, getting dog food, critter food, rent check and a slew of
other errands. gosh the excitement of my life!
I am re-reading a book and have not been able to put it down.

Have a great one!

Carol

Good morning--Cind...pretty late for turkeys! I sure hope you can get them big enough before it gets chilly! (and keep those preds away from them too!) Do the midgets fly at all? My big ones have been roosting way up high for the last few weeks and the guineas have been in the barn...it is hard to keep track for sure.
I found two nests in my barn yesterday that have easily 30 eggs in each...AND there are VERY flat chickens keeping them warm!
lau.gif
It will be a record if they all hatch for sure!

I need to get at my garden...all this talk about canning makes me want to get some going. My garden must be a bit behind some of yours however! H&R--I wish my beets would have come up! I really enjoyed the ones we got from the CSA. I planted twice and never saw any sprout. Next year I think I am making a couple raised beds for carrots, beets and maybe garlic too. Speaking of garlic, that stuff I grew from you BigFam is fabulous! I ordered from them again this year and the ship date is pretty soon...I guess I better get those beds made now if I want to put garlic in them!

I am heading to Fort today to get my hair cut and for a trip to the Mexican grocery. I love that place! My mouth is watering thinking about the chicharrones!

Heading out for chores...have a good one! TerriO

(PS) Brad the hay guy has 350 bales for me in his barn....I will make dinner (and a campfire) for anyone that would like to come and help!
love.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
frow.gif

Only 6 more days Amy... His balls needs a little more time to grow... :-D
(AC/DC big balls playing in the background)
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Just spoke with the vet-OMG they are so helpful. Great prices and they put me right through to the actual vet-he just spent 30 mins on the phone with me discussing bird diseases, working, cocci, etc. Anyhow, it sounds like we passed to the two main scares..MG and MS the others are more viral in nature and they can get past this and even potentially build up an immunity.

He hasnt yet completed the autopsy on Latte due to frozen state, but said he is guessing he will find out it was round worms based on the fact of how skinny she was yet still finding food in her crop. His recommendation is after this respiratory virus is past, to treat for roundworms and cocci....as they are both present in almost any flock and the goal is to keep them without normal healthy range. So it appears I dont have to worry about ever adding birds and having them die from something my birds have! However, for obvious reasons, a closed flock is best for my flocks safety.

I feel like i just dodged a bullet!!!
Great news!

There be baby turkeys here!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yesss.gif

11 of them! Guess the boys made contact sometime!
Now to try to keep them alive!
hmm.png
Congrats on the turkey babies!!

Quote:
Congrats on the turkeys. Don't have space for them here yet..
wink.png

Two games against Amery in football last night. Lost the first one, C team. I only played half the game as Q and third and fourth corner safety. Then, JV game I had to play the whole game as safety. Yes me, by far the smallest guy out there. But we did crush. Sry Angiebubs. Well you won one game.

Well hope everything goes well with everyone's sick chooks.
Cool beans on the win - good job team
highfive.gif

I have the phone number for the guy who butchers birds near Brodhead/Brooklyn. His name is William Miller. I will PM you the phone# and anyone else who might be interested.

JJ

Sorry for the delay, but I needed to get the # from the feed store.

Necropsy results back from Latte: Overrunw ith Cocci. When speaking to the Dr yesterday, he said it gets the a certain point where a chicken just cant recover no matter how much medication/treatment you give them. She must have had a secondary viral infection that was then passed on to my coop. All in all pretty good news....just wish I had been able to get something stronger for Latte sooner. Anyhow quick break at work and wanted to share.

Necropsy results back from Latte: Overrunw ith Cocci. When speaking to the Dr yesterday, he said it gets the a certain point where a chicken just cant recover no matter how much medication/treatment you give them. She must have had a secondary viral infection that was then passed on to my coop. All in all pretty good news....just wish I had been able to get something stronger for Latte sooner. Anyhow quick break at work and wanted to share.
Very glad to hear Judy, wonder how you got your results back so much faster than mine (over 2 weeks), maybe it's slowing down this time of year. So glad that I could help! Another visit to the docs today and besides still having some effects from Morphine withdrawals I have a viral infection in my throat. And remarkably I've lost nearly 50 lbs, can you believe that! I cant hardy sleep yet or eat so they give me 2 more meds(like I need to add to the 14 I take already) and try to drink at least 1 Ensure a day. I hope this works as I'm so worn out and they said it's unhealthy to loose so much weight in such a short time. The chickens are at least stable atm and hope it at least stays that way.

Wow, poor Latte. At least you were able to get everyone else better and nothing chronic :hugs

Sorry to hear that about Latte....

JJ...would love that info if we ever decide to butcher!

Rberry... we have soccer in the mornings and football in afternoons on Saturdays through october 26th.... but if it works best for all, I can find a way to pop in for a bit!

Pickles tonight, dehydrating pears and canning them tomorrow ... first week of school has been ok so far,,, kids are exhausted and refusing to admit it. Lets hope they rest up this weekend. Dont need crabs around

Back
Top Bottom