Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well the eggs that my broody quit on and I put in the 'bator are hatching, got 2 internal and 1 external pips. I hate hatching this late, we'll have chicks inside all winter!

Packer Sunday All....Can the Pack beat the Lions today?

Yep everyone knows who Duane is. He is 75 now and the / Turn is his brother in law. Me and Mark talked about him at the west central show. He is a very hard worker and is the district 5 director for the APA. A lot of 4H kids get their birds from him.

Game time...got your popcorn ready for the game TO?

bigz

Packer Sunday All....Can the Pack beat the Lions today?

Yep everyone knows who Duane is. He is 75 now and the / Turn is his brother in law. Me and Mark talked about him at the west central show. He is a very hard worker and is the district 5 director for the APA. A lot of 4H kids get their birds from him.

Game time...got your popcorn ready for the game TO?

bigz

Thanks Bigz!!!
I've never been a part of the poultry shows world ( yet ;) ) so that is why I am not an "everyone" :/ I was also a bit perplexed why his name didn't come up before when I asked if anyone knew of a quality Aussie breeder. Thank you for the verification.
Guess I better start talking to some neighbors about going in on an order of chicks after Christmas. I think all I'll need to do is show his list I received in the mail on Friday :D

GO PACK GO

I was out moving my game camera yesterday and found a deer tick biting into my shoulder today. Ugh. :( Not sure how long it was there as I've been poking around the woods a lot lately and it was SMALL. Wasn't expecting that so late on the season! So now I'm watching for a 'bullseye' and flu symptoms. Careful, Wisconsinites! They are still out there!

I have not bought any birds from Mr. Urch, but have heard nothing but good things about him. If you look up the results of the Minnesota State Fair poultry show you will see how dominant his birds are there. I have seen his birds there over the years and they always look very good. I don't think he travels alot to shows outside the area.

Welcome to all the newbies!!! Looks like things will be busy around here!

Vickie, best of luck with the new aussies! I still have no idea but am hopeful mine are one of each ;-)

Del, these meaties are HUGE And poo to match! They are so sweet. Ive been trying to do more outside time to minimize the cleaning! I think I have twice as many of teris chicks, and half as much poo lol they are all coming along nicely.

Steiggy, those chickens will take care of that tick for you next summer! I haven't found one on the dogs and cats since the chickies arrival!

Bigz, I will need to get pics :-D I have been staring at them some today lol I have so many chores to catch up on. Hate getting posted 12's on Saturday's :-/

I got the jeep last night. Offered $1500 he accepted. Needs about $500 in repairs. That will have to wait a bit. I will park mine in the barn for a parts vehicle since the new one may have minor tranny issues.

Hope you all enjoy your sunday!

Welcome to all the newbies!!! Looks like things will be busy around here!

Vickie, best of luck with the new aussies! I still have no idea but am hopeful mine are one of each ;-)

Del, these meaties are HUGE And poo to match! They are so sweet. Ive been trying to do more outside time to minimize the cleaning! I think I have twice as many of teris chicks, and half as much poo lol they are all coming along nicely.

Steiggy, those chickens will take care of that tick for you next summer! I haven't found one on the dogs and cats since the chickies arrival!

Bigz, I will need to get pics :-D I have been staring at them some today lol I have so many chores to catch up on. Hate getting posted 12's on Saturday's :-/

I got the jeep last night. Offered $1500 he accepted. Needs about $500 in repairs. That will have to wait a bit. I will park mine in the barn for a parts vehicle since the new one may have minor tranny issues.

Hope you all enjoy your sunday!

Congrats on the jeep!!!!

Sunday morning all.
I'm getting very close to giving up on the stunted Aussie from Terri, or maybe I should have already. :idunno. I'm now well over a $100 and counting on drugs and vet consult fees and it's still passing blood. Only progress is it is no longer every day and the bird is eating, drinking, and getting more active. I'm still calling "it" tho I am fairly sure "she" is probably accurate tho after all that "she" has been thru, even the vet has voiced doubts she can ever be a functional hen. He also has no clue without running expensive tests (which would have to be shipped off to the Marshfield lab of course) what is still going on. Of course the other one that is healthy and thriving is getting huge and looking more every day like a roo :th. Getting very close to just cutting my losses, sterilizing everything, again, crossing my fingers I haven't put my healthy birds at too much risk, waiting till the winter cold hopefully takes care of whatever may be left in the soil in my only starter run, and start over.
I am not known as a quitter, but there comes a point where determination crosses over a line and becomes stupid.

I have been in contact with a SOP breeder in Minnesota that has a strain of English Australorp, among an amazing list of other quality birds. Anyone familiar with Duane Urch? Of Urch/Turnland Poultry out of Owatonna Minnesota? He has amazing credentials as a breeder, exhibitor and APA participant and board member. Anyone near or across the Minnesota border know him???

I have a friend who bought quite a few breeds from him. I know she was very unhappy with the white wyandottes she got from him. They had a lot of birth defects when she bred them. I can't remember if there was anything wrong with the others.

Back
Top Bottom