Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I was out moving my game camera yesterday and found a deer tick biting into my shoulder today. Ugh. :( Not sure how long it was there as I've been poking around the woods a lot lately and it was SMALL. Wasn't expecting that so late on the season! So now I'm watching for a 'bullseye' and flu symptoms. Careful, Wisconsinites! They are still out there!

They come out real bad after the first frost. You don't see them so much in the heat of summer, but once it cools down they come out again.

I wish I could get my MIL to get chickens again. NEVER had an issue with ticks unless we took a trip to the woods when she had chickens.

Drove past a 39acre farm that has been abandoned and is for sale on our way to the inlaws. Place needs work but it all depends on how well the house has held up....... maybe I will give the realtor a jingle and go check it out......

I wish I could get my MIL to get chickens again. NEVER had an issue with ticks unless we took a trip to the woods when she had chickens.

Drove past a 39acre farm that has been abandoned and is for sale on our way to the inlaws. Place needs work but it all depends on how well the house has held up....... maybe I will give the realtor a jingle and go check it out......

There's no harm in looking. Right?

Sorry, my mistake. It is 34 not 39 acres....

http://www.landsofamerica.com/lands...=1514679&action=propertyDetails#axzz2gwsIQkjA

I suppose if we were to even fathom purchasing this place I should try to get some kind of employment lined up.....
wink.png

http://www.landsofamerica.com/lands...=1514679&action=propertyDetails#axzz2gwsIQkjA

I suppose if we were to even fathom purchasing this place I should try to get some kind of employment lined up.....
The steel roof bodes well for the house. I like the barn with the earthen ramp to the haymow. Reminds me of the dairy farm I spent summers on when I was a kid . Maps shows a few McMansion neighbors though. Some things to consider.

Last edited:

The one good thing about my cat that pees on stuff is that she tolerates the parrotlet. He preens her and she sits and purrs. Not normal at all.

I have a dove that loves one of my cats. They snuggle all the time.
I see your cat with the litterbox issues is a long haired one. I had a long haired cat that didn't like peeing in the box either until I got a different box. We added a tray that slides under the metal rabbit cages as an additional litterbox and it did the trick. I think some of the long hair cats don't like when their fur touches the sides of the box?
idunno.gif

wink.png

Well, get on it, woman! That place isn't going to last at that price.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Cind, I have a 2nd cousin who has had MS for over 30+ years. I can ask them for some info. I do know that his wife, kids & mom (who is 93) all do a vast majority of his caretaking, but I'm sure they will have some good suggestions for you. I also was in the hospital with a kid that was a quad & he had his own apartment when he was in college. He had people come at certain times of the day to assist him getting up, bathing, meals, etc. I am certain you could at least get some assistance for Neil at bedtime. Hang in there.
hugs.gif

We went nort for the weekend. Such lovely weather......
tongue.gif
Needless to say, we didn't get a whole lot of raking done, but there were plenty of other projects to get accomplished. I swear my teen Hershey babies grew like weeds. They are trying to mingle with the flock, and the roos have the most beautiful red laced feathers on their head, neck & saddle. And Nestle is the spitting image of his mom. I hope to get some pics tomorrow. Sweet dreams, all!

Back
Top Bottom