Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Sorry, my mistake. It is 34 not 39 acres....

http://www.landsofamerica.com/lands...=1514679&action=propertyDetails#axzz2gwsIQkjA

I suppose if we were to even fathom purchasing this place I should try to get some kind of employment lined up.....
wink.png
Since the pictures posted show mainly land and precious little of the house and out buildings, I wonder if you're looking at quite a lot of work to make it doable.

Your kiddos are growing up sooooo quickly!

My Cookie & Cupcake would love to get to know that new roo!  Very handsome!!

They are big! I belaive syd will be coming home today with one less tooth in there :)

Those roos woul be glad to have em! Lol they have some VERY red legs lol

Vicki, I also separated the splash. I will give it a go with blackie in a few weeks and keep you posted :) I feel so bad for ellis. She is so used to doing anything she wants. She is not enjoying a pen :-( breeding season will be hard on me and the birds! I feel so mean!

Hey All,
So did any one here that some place got 3 inches of rain?? WOWO!!
Well I have some interesting news, some good, some sad.
Due to late summer/early fall broodies... I have 2 chicks hatched from under a bantam, and they are old enough to sex now ( a couple of weeks)...
1 roo and 1 pullet. they are from my blue copper marans, the roo is a BCM, and the pullet is a Blue.
I just had a chick hatch from under another broodie (a silkie that is on loan from KristiP), which is a Blue copper. I will try to wing sex it on Weds or tomorrow night. I have eggs under a blue cochin from John (If I remember his name right), and a few more eggs under a hen of Kristi's that would
NOT stop being broody, no matter what was done with her...
I am going to raise the Blue copper pullet for Kristi, so it will be at POL in the spring hopefully!

And on a sad note, the little frizzle bantam cochin I had, then gave to Kristi.. sat on eggs for MONTHS alongside the silkie... She finally got off, and within 2 days passed away. We are going to name the baby "Frosts Legacy"

I saw this and thought of TO
http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/4114010153.html

Hi Terri!
Sounds like you had a great time and a perfect weekend to stay inside. If the healthy Aussie from you turns out to be as beautiful as HE??? Is looking so far, giving him a girl or two from Duane Urch might turn into something really interesting! Hmmmm. Oh honey??? I think we may need a bit more room in our little coop :D
BTW - since the little, I use this term loosely since it has doubled in size recently, one seems to be doing well, all things considered, I haven't given up on her, I've just decided to let her tell me if she can heal or not. If she does recover, she will be a pet. I don't think I would ever consider her a breeder. But then again, who knows??? sorry my previous post was so "down" I was just getting so frustrated! Guess I really don't know how to give up, especially when it comes to living things.
My next challenge comes on Wednesday when I "try" to mix them in. Don't think this is going to go at all smoothly since the 3 amigas are already living up to the red sex-link reputation for not accepting new flock additions easily. :fl.

lol..well if you want pure breeds that is what ya gotta do..

I need to make a few more pens for next year breeding season..I am on the hunt for chain link and holly cow they want big bucks for used rusty chain link..

Evening All...nice looking boy Amy, glad he is good and healthy.

I forgot to mention to you Cind, that I used one of your buckets for my sauerkraut crock...you prolly never figured that would happen, eh!

Great pics cuties...those birds sure look familiar...LOL! I just got off the phone with Mark....all the brahmas he showed won ribbons.....his pullet took Champion LF and also Reserve Show Champion. He was very pleased with the results. Imagine that!

I collected one egg yesterday from one of the pullets. The other hasn't started yet. I still need to make coop changes for the newbies. Folks with a barn have the simple life...always room for more.

Glad the Pack beat the Lions. Hope they can string a few wins in a row.

bigz

Folks, I did stop in and chat with the Realtor office that has the property listed. Apparently the property has been abandoned, they do not know when the last time people were living in the house. You can purchase this property three ways. The house & structures with 5 acres for $59,900; with 34 acres for $136,000; with 79 acres for $325,000. Personally, I think they are nuts. I am not afraid of hard work, if the house is sound I have no problem dealing with cosmetic issues. I would rather restore a house if I can than rip it down, you cannot possibly duplicate the quality of the wood used 100 years ago.

The realtor was very nice, I let him know that I was just curious and I was in no hurry or even ready to sell my current house. I am hoping that will be sooner rather than later......
big_smile.png

And then........ we WILL have CHICKENS!!!!!!!! And Ducks and Geese and Horses.........

Back
Top Bottom