Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Wow.... where is everyone? Only a couple die-hards here I see!

Aww, cute little horse!

Not much going on here. Neil is still in hospital doing therapy. Jon's boss didn't make it back from Texas because the Jeep didn't get fixed right and broke down again with the same problem. Jon had to run the shop again and do a demo for the Queen and her court. LOL he lived. It may not seem like a big deal because it's not a real queen, but they're looking for how well you draw crowds and if they want to use your shop for next years adds and things. He also found out that 3 days this week the faire is open to school tours so he has to be able to do good demos and explain how to make the books to school kids. Only problem he's having is he's getting low on some inventory.

That's it.... Night All!

NATAS is back!!!!
bow.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
She's been gone 6 weeks to the day! She's very boney and allot of fur is missing but no wounds. I pulled 7 ticks off of her though. Oddly, I didn't see any fleas.

Morning all!

I need to get one of those kraut cutters and try making it again. My first attempt was last year. Had a whole bucket full going and then forgot about it...when I checked it was all moldy on top so I tossed it. I was then told that it was still OK.
he.gif
Is this true? Can you just take the mold off like cutting mold off cheese?

CC sorry for your loss...do you know what the predator was? I lost my head hen yesterday...just vanished. I spent two hours looking for her and didn't find a feather. I wonder if she could have wandered into the corn field and got lost?

Wi Bird & Game Breeders Assoc Fall Show & Swap...Saturday Oct 26 6:30-1:30 At the Fond Du Lac Co Fairgrounds. I guess I'll be there looking for a Brahma replacement for my hen.

Cind, I must have missed ir. Who is natas?

We will be at fdl show/swap. Very close to us!

Happy monday!
Looks lime I will be picking up some more 12 hours over the next few weeks...

Oh CC, so sorry :hugs I mean it. How old was he? Any ideas about the monster that attacked him?

Lazy day here too. Are yo ready for some football? Oh and I have to dig up my herb plants during half-time. Weather going to puke after today. It's ok, we're ready for hibernating. Hubby even made me a feed vault to go on the back porch yesterday right next to the door so now I don't have to trudge feed dishes back and forth thru the snow to mix warm mash this winter . Such a sweet hubby :hugs

I'm suprised you hadn't done this already? Didn't you say you had to chip ice out of your outside waterers not long ago? Or was that someone else? Congrats on the feed vault.

I hope you got your basil in and your garden covered, Terri. We have a frost advisory this evening.  :tongue     I got my herbs potted up and in the garage today. I got the bed stripped, pulled out the flannel sheets and comforter and washed all the bedding. It's going to be so comfy sleeping tonight. DH must agree. Usually I can hear him snoring by now, but so far, not a peep.  :yesss:     Guess that's it. Sweet dreams, all!

YEP, that was me, but I have learned a few tricks after years of gardening in the frozen tundra :old. ;)

24o here this morning but still 40o in the coop :thumbsup

CINDLADY - WOW!!! CONGRATS!!!

CC- I want lots of pics of the new baby :D

Last edited:

Well, my little cochin x Phoenix is a boy I'm pretty sure. But I love his coloring so far <3 And the one on the bottom hatched a few days ago, I'm thinking its BBR Phoenix

hello everyone, I am new to BYC and looking to start a small backyard coop. Any suggestions for birds that can handle the cold well and that are children friendly. Winter layers and large eggs are a plus also. Any suggestions or information about starting a coop would be appreciated as well. Thanks so much.

Welcome Parker...where are you located? There are lots of chickens that are winter hardy. What are you going for, kid friendly or better layers or some of each? Silkies are one of the best kid friendly birds, but there are plenty of large fowl birds that are friendly if worked with.

Back
Top Bottom