Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

What animal got them?  Do you secure them at night in a coop? Trying to figure out how to coop them.....

We like to free range ours to keep the ticks and bugs down. We've had some wander away , killed by fox, coyotes, hawks and anything else that likes them. ... Wind when they aren't smart enough to get inside.

Our chickens are in maximin security yards and haven't lost a one to predator since 2012, when we had a problem with an owl.

The guineas can fly in and out of one of the yards and then spend the night in the coop. We've used a chicken door in the past, but it always needs repairing. Hasn't worked in a year but nothing bothers them. We have the top of each fence electrified.

Last edited:
Harvest Day To Everyone...I hope you didn't stay in bed this morning if you have a tag...LOL!

Sure was a chilly start, and took a little extra sweet talk to convince him to come close enough.
He came in silent with a hen. I'm very thankful and blessed.

bigz

That is awesome bigzio!!! My husband's turkey hunt is at the end of the month. Right now he's not sure if it's worth the drive to Lily because of all the snow.

nice going Brent..

I told you that if you put a bird feeder in front of the kitchen window, they would come in..

I try to raise my guineas with the chickens.. that way they learn to go into the coop at night..
Owls was/is always our biggest problem..

with the dog marking the yard all over, the coons and yotes and foxes stay away ..

daytime hawks don't bother if the dog is out and about with the chickens..

I got the new part for the Blazer, now I can find every sized socket except the 8mm that I need..
..........jiminwisc............

I sure hope so, jvls1942! Last week one of our friends was going to stay at our place, but got stuck in the driveway because of all the snow. He sent us pics of the place and the snow was halfway up the doors. LOL

Back
Top Bottom