Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I'm not sure who this infamous Heather is. But I doubt she and I are alike
smile.png

Glad you were able to find your way over here ;-) Fun group of people. Where in WI are you located?

Judi, Jon isn't going, so I bet you can count ChickenShip out. Most of my motivation to go to the bash is gone now that I know Delisha doesn't have any hatching eggs for me. I just don't want to bring any new chickens into my flock, I really wanted eggs that I didn't have to have shipped. Oh well, I keep telling myself I shouldn't get any more chickens anyway. They scratch up the yard, eat the foam on the foundation of my house, perch on my patio furniture and poop all over it. The call ducks are way cooler.

Hi Everyone, hope all is well. This morning I had a horrible thing happen, 3 huskies broke into my coop and killed 7 out of 8 chickens. I had let them out an hour before and then walked the dogs, When I came back 3 huskies had apparently dug 1 foot to get into the coop and had done their dirty deed. I immediately went out and chased them away. They had faded collars on so am not sure if they were strays or had just gotten out. It doesn't really matter. The sight was disgusting. This has never happened before and I have never seen the dogs before. Anyway, the one chicken has a broken leg. I am not sure if it is better to euathanize her or try to fix her leg She seems like she is ok other than the leg. I found her on the side of the coop, I think the dogs thought she was dead. Any ideas?

thanks

David .

Hi Everyone, hope all is well.  This morning I had a horrible thing happen, 3 huskies broke into my coop and killed 7 out of 8 chickens.  I had let them out an hour before and then walked the dogs, When I came back 3 huskies had apparently dug 1 foot to get into the coop and had done their dirty deed.  I immediately went out and chased them away.  They had faded collars on so am not sure if they were strays or had just gotten out. It doesn't really matter. The sight was disgusting. This has never happened before and I have never seen the dogs before.  Anyway, the one chicken has a broken leg. I am not sure if it is better to euathanize her or try to fix her leg   She seems like she is ok other than the leg. I found her on the side of the coop, I think the dogs thought she was dead. Any ideas? 

thanks

David . 

Aw, so sorry David :,(

Can you see where the break is? Is it an open fracture? Is it at all possible it is just dislocated?

Back
Top Bottom