Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

Wow oto... that's messed up. Hope you find a way to make the new coop K9 proof! Electric fence around it?

BBP.... if the issue is just getting the eggs to you from Delish, I could bring them.

Going to an auction in the morning, they have a log splitter. Going to be a long day waiting for them to get to it.

Night All!

Thanks all, I saw the dogs running down the highway about a mile from where I live. I have never seen them so I am hoping they were just passing through. Tomorrow I will reinforce the coop and keep and eye out for the dogs. I hope they are gone for good. They dug down about a foot then pushed the wire and pulled out the staple nails from the wire where it was attached to the actual coop.

I checked on the lady, I can't find any blood. She was in a different place from where I put her. Can a chicken with a broken leg move? I am sure she is/was in shock, I will see if I have any electrolites and check her in the morning. If she recovers I am thinking of getting chicks and when they are ready to join her, hopefully she will miss company enough to accept them. If not my neighbor may take her, although she is my favorite. I think she was my broody girl that I had to haul off the nest everyday for the past week. She is comfortable with me holding her and talking with her. For the next few days she will stay inside until she recovers, I turned up the heat and put the water and food directly on the floor so she can get to it without standing up.

wish me luck
for their sake, I hope they are not headed too far North..

Late Morning To Everyone....we have had the wolfs here in the yard when the chickens were out, and they didn't bother them....they prefer animals with hoofs, although they wil attack chickens if they are hungry enough.....I would make sure the pen and coop are predator proof.....it saves problems in the future for sure. One really needs to watch out for the bobcats...they are awful here.

Sorry to hear about the dog attacks David....I'm with Jim and would have the gun locked and loaded.

Talked with Zeke yesterday...he doesn't have the web at the present time, but hopes to make the bash on Friday after work.

Nice pics...thanks for sharing them.

bigz

Glad the wolves didn't get them, The last chicken died this morning
sad.png

We thought we should try for White Bass today....... I think we should have stayed home.

One trip to the ER and an ice cream cone made it all better.

Well back from the long drive to Neillsville and back for the swap. OMG there were lots if vendors! And they usually sold out in 30-45 min times! TONS of rabbits, pigeons, doves, ducklings, some chicks and chickens and of course a few parakeets and such.

Finally got to meet Stacie and her daughter too, and get my black spotted Ancona ducklings FINALLY from someone in Friendship. All in all I would say it was worth the sleepless night, early morning drive and chilly winds to see all that. Even had someone call for some of our Ringneck chicks. Now just finding someone for our 4 red golden juvie males and all should be good then.

The duck condos are coming along good, besides the endless need for 2x2's and 2x4's for the partitions... So hopefully by the end of next week we can move the oldest ducklings outside and clear up the bathroom for humans again. ;)

Other than that just enjoying the breezy sunshine/cloud mix outside (as do most of the ducklings too) and maybe take a nap in a few. Oh yeah... The son is back til about Tuesday... (Insert eye rolling smiley here) then he is hopefully finally off to trucking OTR for a while... He messes up the dog every single time he is here and I have to start almost over again... Grrrr!

Back
Top Bottom