Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,,

chicks and keets hatching this morning..

despite my obstructions, 2 of the chicks managed to squeeze past and ended up on the floor..
they are like rats,, can fir through the tiniest opening ..

I have to dig through bator #2 and find out what tray these keets are coming from..

I have a fasting visit to the VA today.. at least they let me have black coffee.. no hardship there..

Sandi, glad to see you are going to make it to the bash.. are you bringing melted ice cream from Irma ?

I am very happy that I won't be the only one at camp..
I have heard nothing about any cherries,,

I have about 3 too many Delaware roosters,, anybody need one or two ? they are tearing the heII out of a couple of the willing hens..

...........jiminwisc...........

You have heard nothing about cherries since we did not have cherries last year.
tongue.png

What is the recommended age/weight to butcher Cornish crosses?
I like to have them about 4 to 5 pounds dressed out.. that means about 10 pounds live weight .

you can do them in even smaller, especially the hens.. then you will have a 1 to 2 pound individual serving sized chicken.. these will be about 5 to 7 pounds live weight ..

What we have accomplished so far today.

CS, one bed down, one to go......

While I was weeding, DH was busy fixing the leaky washing machine.....

And the culprit of the leak....

Our washing machine is 21 years old and takes a beating. Too bad they don't make them like this any more!

Just checked my soap supplies; they will not be here until Friday. :(

good afternoon,,
I spent 2 hours at the VA this morning,, they checked me over real good.. I guess I have 10 years to live .. they gave me a shot and said I needed a booster in 10 years.. so doesn't that mean that I will live at least 10 more years ? otherwise I would get screwed out of my booster shot ..

the mosquitoes are vicious today.. there are a bunch of them in the house, they must ride in on the dogs..

it is time to take the hatchlings out of the hatcher and put them into the chick TV .. these are some nice fat fluffy balls of fuzz ..
they are suposed to be Buff Orpingtons, but they don't seem tinted enough.. too white,, like Delawares..

This is the new girl puppy. brand new picture CC ..

this is one of the nice fat chicks..only a few hours old..

Back
Top Bottom