Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good snowy morning all!

All is back to the usual normal here, dog recovered and starting to eat solid foods again (including stuff he can find in the fire pit), the chickens hide in the barn and the ducks quack away, still giving me a dozen a day, while the geese patrol the driveway. No eggs from them yet...

Was planning on sneaking over to visit sclark and the birdies but with it snowing and cold in not sure if I should. Need to keep the fire going to stay warm in the house...

So if you're talking about an "old" car/truck, I drive an ancient then??? My Honda is (after a much needed retirement of the older loud one) still a full 23 years old and driving good (hopefully for a good while)! Plus, the beater with a heater is manual and saves on the formerly expensive go-go juice. Besides, I love older cars! They can be worked on so much easier and don't have all that electronic stuff where u can't find the fault and might end up having to replace the entire wires. No, no, I stick with my hooptee. And in that note, my owned car is a 98 SUV, so that's obviously old too, despite not having rust I guess.

Already did the taxes last week and are waiting for the tax return to be able to buy a pellet stove. Maybe we can stay warm and sleeping thru the night for a change then.

Other than that just a full fridge of eggs, lots of freshly made egg salad and no venison sausage around to munch on. Dang it!
So I'll take my leave for now to scour for something edible for breakfast. Later!

Good snowy morning all!

All is back to the usual normal here, dog recovered and starting to eat solid foods again (including stuff he can find in the fire pit), the chickens hide in the barn and the ducks quack away, still giving me a dozen a day, while the geese patrol the driveway. No eggs from them yet...

Was planning on sneaking over to visit sclark and the birdies but with it snowing and cold in not sure if I should. Need to keep the fire going to stay warm in the house...

So if you're talking about an "old" car/truck, I drive an ancient then??? My Honda is (after a much needed retirement of the older loud one) still a full 23 years old and driving good (hopefully for a good while)! Plus, the beater with a heater is manual and saves on the formerly expensive go-go juice. Besides, I love older cars! They can be worked on so much easier and don't have all that electronic stuff where u can't find the fault and might end up having to replace the entire wires. No, no, I stick with my hooptee. And in that note, my owned car is a 98 SUV, so that's obviously old too, despite not having rust I guess.

Already did the taxes last week and are waiting for the tax return to be able to buy a pellet stove. Maybe we can stay warm and sleeping thru the night for a change then.

Other than that just a full fridge of eggs, lots of freshly made egg salad and no venison sausage around to munch on. Dang it!
So I'll take my leave for now to scour for something edible for breakfast. Later!

Glad the dog is doing better.

And I love my ole' ranger :) it's a 97 with almost 210,000 miles and going strong...besides the weak little bracket haha so far (knock on wood) I have not had any real bad issues that would make me give it up.

good morning,

important things first,, SKI !!!! how th heII are you ? Keep on lurking, and just let us know once in a while that you are .. You must be right in the mega snow eh ?

funny thing happened last night,, I logged in to Chz Hds and all the posts came up BLANK !! no text, no ID numbers.. that was about 10 PM ...

I had fun with the pups this morning,, they are in the chicken coop with access to the chicken yard,, One of them howled at me,, so I howled back.. immediately all 3 of them were howling like little wolves .. we talked for a couple of seconds and then I fed them,, Now I suppose they will always howl when they want food .. I hope I have not created a monster ..

have the truck on the charger,, It did start, but the battery is/was only 80%..

I never leave a spare tire under any vehicle,, by the time you need it it is so rusted on and to make matters worse, you have to crawl under a vehicle which is up on a jack.. not my idea of the safest thing to be doing.. and you know,, you have a flat tire only in the worst of all weather conditions.. like sleet and rain ..

I had a 3/4 ton ford with the tire underneath,, I had some work done on the tires and the mechanic put the spare underneath.. I went tooling down the highway at about 70 MPH when the spare came loose and fell off,, I didn't even know it, but a fellow employee was right behind me,, when we got to work about 4 miles further down the road, he said, what you trying to do , kill me ? I immediately went back and by then somebody had already picked up that tire..
over $200.oo worth of tire and 8 hole rim,, gone ....

...........jiminwisc.............

You're right about not needing it until it's rusted. It was rusted when I bought it and we've taken it down a few times over the years just because, but it didn't save the bracket from busting on me. But the tires is off and the bracket is tied up good. Now I can wait until warm weather to figure out a more permanent fix.

Other than a messy start to the day I'm determined to make it a good one yet. The weekend is only so many hours away :)

Baybay, maybe the weekend is only hours away for you. But we are posted tomorrow :(

Tomski! I thought you were off for good ;)

All this spare talk I should probably have hubby check mine!

Surgery is done, and all is great. Unfortunately the Dr. called and I have to have another surgery. I am fortunate and blessed that I am cancer free and all my labs lately have all been great news. Thank you all for your support and prayers! I am doing a happy dance. The Lord is looking and shinning on all of you!

All chicks are spoken for so far or picked up. I have a bator full of eggs. Next week I should have more.

I'm glad to read you are cancer free and I hope the next surgery goes well for you
smile.png

One vermin down, one to go.
somad.gif
Of course I got an email from eFowl today notifying me that this is the time to order more Call Ducks......
sad.png
I think I will have to wait until we move. As much as my in-laws loved the ducks, I do not want to saddle them with more. Besides, now I can be picky and get some from the Poultry Show. Gotta look for that silver lining.

Tomski, nice of you to pop in!

Friday the 13th AND a full moon.......
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom