Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

We had our first perfect day - 7/7! I've started bringing eggs to neighbors, using them to tip our babysitter, etc. Someday maybe I'll sell a few but mostly we are just enjoying them.

One other thing - nesting box privacy curtains work. Only one of our 3 boxes was being used so i put cloth over the other 2 and voila the next day all the boxes were used!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

We had our first perfect day - 7/7! I've started bringing eggs to neighbors, using them to tip our babysitter, etc. Someday maybe I'll sell a few but mostly we are just enjoying them.

One other thing - nesting box privacy curtains work. Only one of our 3 boxes was being used so i put cloth over the other 2 and voila the next day all the boxes were used!
h

How did you cloth the nest boxes? Pics?

Evening to everyone and thanks for the get well wishes. We are still fighting the sickness and I can understand the taking a week to get over this stuff....no fun at all. Hope everyone else with health problems is feeling better soon too.

For curtains over the nest box entry....I simply nail a strip on top to hang the full curtain across the front and then simply cut a slit down the center for the hens to enter...works like a charm here.

Eyes are sore already from reading....back to the lazyboy.

I wish I could get outside tomorrow and enjoy the weather tomorrow....dang!

Have fun...bigz

h

How did you cloth the nest boxes? Pics?

I just cut some squares out of an old burlap sacred and stapled them on. :)

Why is there an add for Perdue chicken on this page? lol

Hi All!

Yep, this "bug" seems to drag on. So tired.

I must have missed something about Annie's birthday.... Happy Birthday Annie!

Hope people feel better!

Night All.

good morning,
I got up early again today.
I don't want to miss out on a minute of this Feb thaw.
There are footsteps upstairs, hope Annie is making a pot.
I didn't see an ad for Perdue chickens ..
planning on spending a lot of time outside today..

..........jiminwisc.......

Cs, ours have been types for a couple weeks. I should have posted it here so everyone knew they were running! Scott is actually starting the first boil today! We will be having HensnRoos over today :) hope her kiddos leave satisfied with chicks ;)

Back
Top Bottom