Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Not urgent but figured I would put the word out, my daughter would really like a Buff Polish hen I would like to get one young which I know means either take my chances buying a few chicks from someone local and handle any boys later order from somewhere sexed. I figure a polish or two could fit in with our silkies. If anyone is hatching or ordering and would be willing to let me order with and is near Appleton please let me know.

Cindy, feel better! I wondered where you went!

It has been a bit eventful here; my FIL was admitted to the hospital Feb 25, transferred to Marshfield on the 27th, had surgery the 28th, and is expected to return home by the end of this week. It was a little iffy there if he would pull through, but thankfully he did.

I have to give a quick shoutout to Irish, who was kind enough to allow me to come to her shop and use it as a photo studio for an afternoon. Thank you so much! As soon as I get some time to edit the pics I will send some your way!

That's about it here, we are super exciting. I am looking forward to our vacation!

Greetings, all on this lovely spring day! I am looking for someone in the nearby vicinity who is certified to do Pullorum testing. I will be getting certified myself next month, but would like to have my birds tested now if possible so I can go ahead and get my NPIP. I am about 60 miles north of Green Bay. PM me if you can do this for me. My flock is small; perhaps 20-25 birds.

Thanks!

good morning,

hope you get better soon, cindy.

egg production is holding steady at LOW .. 5 to 6 per day.
18 potential layers.

I have a pure bred rooster that I do not need. a "friend" gave it to me. I don't need a rooster as I am not going to be hatching any eggs.
I forgot what kind Brian said it was..

he is a very friendly guy. not real big. ( the rooster, not Brian).

I will take a picture of him one of these days.

now I have to go empty two mouse traps that I set last night..

........jiminwisc.......

eta:

it is a couple of hours from this original post so I am just adding to it.

I spent a little time outside. tried to get a picture of the rooster, he decided to go out into the field, I will wait for a better time.

I set up the goose bath for them, they are enjoying it. she is getting a rudder, so I think eggs will not be far in the future .

I realize now that it is not quite warm enough to go out without a jacket on. I am not frozen, but I could stand to be a little warmer.

Last edited:
Greetings, all on this lovely spring day! I am looking for someone in the nearby vicinity who is certified to do Pullorum testing. I will be getting certified myself next month, but would like to have my birds tested now if possible so I can go ahead and get my NPIP. I am about 60 miles north of Green Bay. PM me if you can do this for me. My flock is small; perhaps 20-25 birds.

Thanks!
Not sure how current this list is but there are three listed for Marinette county. Joe does my birds...he does a good job, nice guy.

http://datcp.wi.gov/uploads/Animals/pdf/PullorumTesters2014.pdf

Back
Top Bottom