Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Wifey tells me we're going out to a local farm to get a few new chicks today. Argghh,I think our 8'x 4' x 6' tall coop is maxed out with our 11 layers now???
Another thing is- I'm told that if you introduce new birds to an existing coop you should feed them the "medicated" chick food?
This comes from the local Farm N Fleet guy though. Whadda you people think?
I'm sure I'll have lots more questions either way.
Thanks!

Chickenscratch-yup,I've had about 50' of stockade fence blow down between this weeks wind,and another storm we had about a month ago. When the ground thaws,I'll be putting my fence building skills to the test!

Last edited:
good Palm Sunday morning,
I think today is a special day for fortune tellers ?

Holding steady at 5 eggs for 18 participants.
but I noticed that the shells are thicker.

I asked what black walnut syrup tastes like.. got no reply.

BBP, do you get to keep the swan ?

.....jiminwisc......

Congrats Irish..sounds like she found a keeper...Never saw that name Heli before...how's that pronounced, if I may ask?
Thanks, BigZ!

It's pronounced Hey-Lee - accent on the first syllable. Heli's mother told him she got his name from the Bible. He asked where and she handed him the Bible and said, "Here, start reading." Heli is Jesus' grandfather (Joseph's father).

DS and I put up some chain link fence today that we got from a neighbor free......Thank God, as we could not buy a pass across the road right now. Anyway we expanded our run, looks nice, so this summer we are going to replace the wire fence with more chain link, anybody got any for sale cheap?

Hope you all enjoyed the sunny WI spring day today! We free ranged for the first time and it was a great success. So fun to watch them scratch around and enjoy some freedom. :)
(P.S that chicken is not drinking beer. She is behind the can.)
smile.png

Kzas we wouldn't judge you if it was drinking. We've known an alcoholic roo before. RIP Tommy.

Jim-in response to how black walnut syrup tastes, I don't know yet. I only got enough to boil down to a half pint as black walnuts need a warmer temp to run. I do know it boils down differently. More water or it's just a thinner syrup. I'll give more details later this week. Nathan and I have this coming week off and have a lot of boiling down to do.

Back
Top Bottom