Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

That is about what our mill charges for their layer feed. Good feed too. I picked up 6 frizzle chicks today and borrowed an incubator a couple of days ago and have 22 eggs in it. 5 are bantam barred rock/silkie cross and the rest are straight silkie. Anyone looking for chicks in the near future if I manage to hatch them?

West Central Wisconsin 

Can I ask why you do not have ducks any longer?

I'm in Bruce and have Muskovies. I have two breeding pairs for sale and will have ducklings in a few weeks.
Just seen your post on breeds. I have a friend in Wausau with Cayugas, not sure who has the other breeds but if I see any I'll sure relay the info.

Last edited:
The morels are growing fast...get out there and collect a few...I love to steal some from making the collection basket...it's the freshest taste a mushroom can have...sweet as can be.

bigz

Morning all, thermometer says 35' this morning. Chicks still in the garage, quickly running out of room in the box with the new water set up. Got the horizontal nipples delivered Thursday and one of the guys at Red Granite bar said I could have as many mayo buckets as I wanted. Last night I raided the hubby's side of the garage, found the drill bit I needed and proceeded to solve the chicken crap in the traditional jar water set up problem. Ahhhhhhhh very happy and the hens took to it quickly. Today's project will be cutting the 3" 90 degree pvc elbows in half and drilling holes into another bucket with a hole saw to make feeders. Here is the wate
2016-05-14.jpg
r set up.

Morning all, thermometer says 35' this morning.  Chicks still in the garage, quickly running out of room in the box with the new water set up.  Got the horizontal nipples delivered Thursday and one of the guys at Red Granite bar said I could have as many mayo buckets as I wanted.  Last night I raided the hubby's side of the garage, found the drill bit I needed and proceeded to solve the chicken crap in the traditional jar water set up problem.  Ahhhhhhhh very happy and the hens took to it quickly.  Today's project will be cutting the 3" 90 degree pvc elbows in half and drilling holes into another bucket with a hole saw to make feeders.  Here is the wate[FLOAT=LEFT]
2016-05-14.jpg
[/FLOAT]r set up.
Is there an actual horizontal nipple versus a vertical nipple? I thought a water nipple was a water nipple. I just gotta know because I'm doing something like you and wanna make sure I have the right ones

Horizontal are different, there is a tray to hold the drips and a spring to seal when the pin is at rest. Horizontal cost more and are so so worth it, then and a bucket is still a lot cheaper than a commercial waterer and way way better.

good evening,

I have a buyer looking for guineas.
if you hear of any, let me know..

also looking for a set of 2 coulters with stems.
8 to 14 inches in diameter preferred.

wishing it would warm up..

.......jiminwisc.........

Is there an actual horizontal nipple versus a vertical nipple? I thought a water nipple was a water nipple. I just gotta know because I'm doing something like you and wanna make sure I have the right ones
There is a little silver lever inside the red cross, hard to see in the photo. If the hens peck or push on the lever it releases water. They are a bit more than vertical ones, but I went with them as our winters can get pretty cold and comments said they do not have such the problem with freezing up.
Speaking of freezing.
My basil is dead.

Tucked all my plants in the garage or covered them up last night. I was out weeding yesterday in the snow.......

Nothing like May snow and freezing temps to motivate a person to move South!

Anyone know how Cindy is??????

There is a little silver lever inside the red cross, hard to see in the photo.  If the hens peck or push on the lever it releases water.  They are a bit more than vertical ones, but I went with them as our winters can get pretty cold and comments said they do not have such the problem with freezing up.
Speaking of freezing.
My basil is dead.
I'm going to be ordering some off Amazon now. Those seem better than the vertical ones by far. That way I can have a 5 gallon waterer or the meat birds. Those things can drink some water holy cow.

Back
Top Bottom