Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi! My cousin Babylady4 tells me all about you! You sound like a fun group! I'm in Salem.
Welcome pc! Ya should have come to the bash with Mellie this weekend. Talk about a fun time!

Happy birthday Mel! Thank you so much for the Cheesetopia buffet. Talk about yummy! And thank you for the 'schroom. :)

So glad Vicki made it to her first bash. What a beautiful family. We hope you will make it an annual event. It sure was a great time.

Brent, please thank your lovely daughter so much for all the paper products. It is appreciated so very much! She is so thoughtful and generous. As are you and your wonderful wife.

Last edited:
I didn't know about it. Perhaps next year. This past weekend I was at a Women's Herbal Retreat in Almond learning all about the plants! I just moved to Camp Lake on 16 acres of woods and now have 16 chickens. I love it here!!

anyone here ever raise peafowl chicks.

Horror stories?
advice before I buy chicks?

JJ
JJ! Where have you been? We missed you.

I think Jim may have had a few? Not sure on that though.

My sis had a banty hatch out a peafowl chick. She raised her well with no issues that I am aware of. She couldn't put it in with the parents until she was almost full grown though because the dad was sassy. HTH

I didn't know about it. Perhaps next year. This past weekend I was at a Women's Herbal Retreat in Almond learning all about the plants! I just moved to Camp Lake on 16 acres of woods and now have 16 chickens. I love it here!!

That is great to hear! We are always happy to have more Cheeseheads here on the thread.

Angry chicken photo......
lau.gif

Dang it, just realize it just needed uploaded, not reposted... sorry about the evil hen spam

Last edited:
If anyone has Cindy's recipe for her green goop (or Cindy if you see this) would you please send me the recipe in a PM?

Thanks!

We had a great time this weekend as usual! I hope we are able to attend next year and that graduation does not interfere. Nice to meet you Vickie! Maybe by next year I will have my tin can on wheels...... :D

Hi cuz.
1f60a.png

Raining here again today, and did it ever pour after the bash yesterday....the weeds in the garden are growing more healthy every day. When in finally dries up enough...the tiller will be back, in full force and taking control over the weeds once again.

Hot ham and cheese tonight on ho-made bread turned into toast...life is good.

bigz

It poured pretty darn good down here an hour or so after we got home, but the winds that preceded it were crazy! Lots of broken branches and 2 dead trees down in the yard.

Those things are still ugly Mel. :D

Last night with the power out I was glad we had those solar yard lights outside because I brought a handful in the house for nightlights for the kids, an overnight bathroom light and the like. Going to make sure I always have a few on hand now.

Back
Top Bottom