Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good to hear that you don't have a lot of damage in the house Corey. We really have trouble with lightning strikes here. We need to unplug stuff when storms are near, or plan on buying a new one.
Yep, that's a lot of material Jim, but the driveway is over 100 yards long.
Grass needs another haircut...dang, where's the dry weather to kill the lawn?

bigz

Dang, that was really nice to grill outside today without the rain....looks like it's on the way, but pulling off perfection on the grill was tasty for sure....don't forget to rub your potatoes with real butter before placing on the grill....the crisp skin is delicious to put it mildly.

bigz

yeah corey,
you did the right thing.no sense in
staying home, you couldn't do any good there anyway.

I just came in from outside. the air feels moist.
and the skeeters are crazy bad..

my grass needs a trimming again, too.

I was going to mow among the nut trees or watch the golf rournament.
the golf won. got a good nap in to boot ..

sloppy joe's and cowboy beans for supper.
last night it was fish.
the night before I grilled bbq chicken legs and thieghs.

.....jiminwisc....

@ chickisoup gald you kept some of each. I hope your sleeping turns out to be a she... I never figured out the thick legs and width of comb way of telling roo from hen, so some of my chickens I'm still on the fence about!
@corewassen87 I agree probably best to just go and let things be, glad most things seem to be in order now
@jvls1942 Facebook isn't cutting into my time on here...just wood splitting and work.
We finally got a bit of rain today and we're rewarded for our patience with the loveliest full double rainbow.
IMG_20170617_202007332.jpg

Take care everyone
jean

The pumping station quit working last night. The breaker tripped and tripped the well pump too....I got a electrician coming in about a half hour to check that end of Things. If the wire out isn't fried it's the actual pump and I'll have a plumber here today hopefully

corey, let me say "siht" for you..
we had a pump quit on us on Christmas morning way back when the kids were little.
Our good neighbor's daughter was married to a pump installer.
he came right out and put in a new pump for us by noon..
maybe you will be lucky and the points might be burned on the switch. easy and cheaper fix .

the runt of the litter died yesterday.
It seems to happen with each litter.
Frankie is doing a wonderful job with the 10 remaining, and they are growing every day..

I just can't believe there is a dry spot anywhere in Wisc. we have rain every day..

I need 3 dry days in a row in order to get into the garden and run the cultivator/tiller..

final count on the tomatoes and peppers.
67 tomatoes and 44 peppers.
one row of Roma's is 190 feet long.
I will be putting stakes every 4 plants for the Florida weave..

Next thing on my list is to buy some plastic baler twine. you can really stretch it tight and it won't sag or rot before the end of the growing season..

........jiminwisc.......

I finally looked up the Florida weave and it is somewhat like what I do with my tomato plants. Works great for me and I have tons of fruit every year. I haven't been facebooking but I have been busy. Rearranging the house is a big one. Yesterday I finally got the lawn mowed, the tomatoes "weaved", and the pea and bean fences in. Still trying to catch up with the weeds in the garden as they got huge while my tiller was down. Also trying to get the goats pen finished. They are the cutest and friendliest little things. Got them for my daughter but I think my hubby has fallen totally in love with them. Well, time to get my butt in gear. Happy Father's Day to all the daddies and the mommies that have to fill that role.

Well I've had the electrician, plumber, and a guy here to buy the tater digger so far. And wps. Just waiting on the guy to look at my truck for sale and then no more! I've had about enough. Probably gonna take off tomorrow to make all my calls and get my insurance in order.

Always something when you are a home owner. I wouldn't want it any other way though, even when problems seem to come in waves.
Been 4 weeks since I planted the first garden...so today I harvested a ton of green onions and French breakfast radishes. They both go really well with a cold beer or two.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom