Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Another dang cold sunny day here today...weather guy says this will be the second coldest Feb on record...duh...I coulda told him that with my daily exposure to the cold cruel world and the frozen water in the coops...time for Spring like weather.
The wild turkeys are feeling the winter stress now and are eating out of feeders close to the house....eat or starve at this point for them...they are stressed for sure by their actions here....just sayin.

bigz

It sounds like your puppies are going fast! They sure are cuties!

I'm hoping to get through all my old seeds (I'll throw out any that don't pass a germination test) today, so I can see what new seeds I need to get. I :lovegardening (until the weeds get ahead of me :oops:).

What a nice weather day in the neighborhood today! The hens were really singing and playing today. I'm sure they are ready for a green world, like me too.
Church at noon today....and ho=made ham and bean soup awaiting for the big bowl....of course the samples taken amount to a big bowl, it's just to tasty to wait til supper.

bigz

big day today. I got the drill sharpening jig finished, .
to Annie's delight and surprise, I took the disc sander back out and put it into the new shed.
then I sharpened a 3/4" and a 3/8" drill bits.
the thing works !! but I have to make some sort of locking device to keep the jig from moving in the slot. pretty hard to hold the jig and try sharpening a drull bit with just one hand..

the geese are acting like they want a pool of water. she must be getting ready to start laying eggs..

..........jiminwisc.....

What about this weather today Jim? :clap
The chooks are loving it! They are actually finding a few spots on the shoveled paths where bits of grass and dirt are poking thru and literally dancing as they attack it :cool:

Don't care what's coming today is wonderful. Well, oops, it was. DH just now announced he's going out to see if he can get the chainsaw started :oops:

Yep, another nice one here too! I was gonna get the chainsaw out today, but lack the ambition to get er done. I did manage to shovel the snow off the front walk and deck...then felt like a nap instead of swinging the saw. Time for a long neck now....

bigz

I have some bantams for sale. I advertised 3 hens and a rooster on Craigslist for $25. One lady wanted me to sell them cheaper because she had a long drive and "gas isn't cheap". Another guy wanted to know if I had any others to sell. I said I had 2 more hens and 2 roosters to get rid of. He wanted me to sell the whole bunch for $20. Seriously? How did the price go down by adding more? And one is a brown red cochin, which have become hard to find. Then there's the lady who wanted me to drive to the Twin cities with 7 full size dorkings . . . Wouldn't that be fun if she didn't show and I had to turn around and go back home?

Back
Top Bottom