Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

A car seat was your dad's hand reaching out to keep your head from hitting the dashboard.
Gas stations gave out gifts for gas purchases, as did banks when you opened an account.
I do remember that dimmer switch, lol, had forgotten all about it.
I had to edit to add my Aunt's log cabin house with no indoor plumbing, a hand pump over the sink for wate rand a wood stove up in da UP.

Mom had a wood stove for cooking and it helped heat the house.
bread came in a waxed paper wrapping.
Dad used to take the bag, crumple it into a wad and wipe off the stove top while it was hot. it really shined it up, and I liked the smell of the melting plastic.
home made bread in the wood stove oven
.often one side would be just a little darker than the other if Mom forgot to turn it..
If you wanted a piece of toast, you poked a fork through the slice of bread and removed a lid of the stove. many a piece of bread was sacrificed to the fire..

I plowed a foot of snow today. 2 hours on the tractor. the sun made it feel warm.
it was some slippery crap.. I did a lot of spinning of the tires..
.......jiminwisc.....

The chicks are doing well here. Can't remember if I posted that we lost one of the original 15, but it got itself wedged away from the heat lamp and must have frozen. I quickly resolved the potential for that to ever happen again!
They are all getting their feathers on their wings and tails, starting to roost, and discovering the ability to fly.
Otherwise, I have several seedlings ready for transplanting, but will have to put them into 4" pots as spring is not going according to plan this year. Also, just got in the asparagus & fig trees. We will be planting the asparagus this weekend as well as putting up a fence around the garden to keep Theo out.

Fish Fry Friday to everyone...good to hear your peeps are doing good cs. Nice to hear that you have enough to keep you busy when the weather finally improves...we still have prolly 10" of snow on the ground here....I spent 4 1/2 hours clearing snow from here and Camp this week....that's enough for me.
Come on Spring, I know you are out there somewhere!

bigz

I have to trudge through a foot of snow to feed Zeke in his pen.. although I noticed a definate decrease in the depth yesterday.
by this time next week I expect the snow to be all gone except for the piles I plowed up.

hang in there, there will be a spring,,,,
just before the autumn .. LOL

is anyone planning on going to the annual bash ??
I am planning on going ,

......jiminwisc.......

Back
Top Bottom